Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Quote:

Don't bother posting an all tournament team if you can't get the majority of coaches to vote. To have only one player total between Wando, Farraget, and Irmo, and 4 from the host school is ridiculous. Not to mention there were 2 guys from the two bottom teams in the tournament (Wilson and Chester).

A good week of soccer with many quality teams. It was unfortunate games had to be played at Granby as that field is subpar for this kind of tournament.

The All-Tournament Team is updated as each team's coach has returned their survey and selection(s).

We recognize that Granby is not a "stadium-like atmosphere", but the club field and training ground for Bearcat Soccer does (and did) provide us with a suitable venue to not have to alter the tourney schedule. We look forward to utilizing our new athletic stadium (football in Fall and soccer in Spring) in 2015 with The Cage as our secondary field.

As for Chester and Wilson, both programs stepped up to fill a void in mid-January when Immaculate Conception Academy of Mayaguez, Puerto Rico and St. James of Murrells Inlet backed out of the 2014 NIKE Palmetto Cup. We appreciate the Cyclones and Tigers for participating this spring and hope they had an enjoyable experience against a really good field of high school teams.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Compliments to Kevin and Kyle on a top-notch tournament. The competition was solid and groups were as well-balanced as they probably could be. The field at the Cage was in great shape and players loved playing on it. The atmosphere was great, enhanced by the announcing from the booth. Unfortunate that some games had to be moved away from the stadium but that was understandable. Loved the dri-fit tournament t-shirts. And last but not least, the refs were great! I think this is the first time I've ever been to 4 games and not heard people from either side yelling at the refs. They were the best we've had.
gb_fan, I completely understand your frustration of not seeing all teams represented (yet) on the all-tournament team. But if there are coaches who haven't submitted their selections that's not Kevin's or Kyle's fault - I feel sure all the coaches have been notified and reminded. I think some coaches don't realize how much these type recognitions mean to their players. Hopefully the rest of the coaches will come through and submit their selections.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
2015 NIKE Palmetto Cup: The week of April 6-11

This will be the debut of the new Brookland-Cayce HS Stadium (5,000 seats / FieldTurf) as well as the use of The Cage. We anticipate fielding a 12 to 16-team tourney in 2015.

If interested, please contact Coach Kevin Heise.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard