Quote:
Email from Commissioner Jerome Singleton to SCHSL Athletic Directors

It is my pleasure to announce that the South Carolina High School League has reached a four-year agreement with Rawlings to be the Official Ball of the SCHSL. This agreement takes effect for the 2015-16 sports calendar, and is an important addition to the league's corporate partnership program. As you'll note, revenues derived from our corporate partners help offset costs associated with the league operations.

This new ball adoption program covers the sports of baseball, boys and girls basketball, soccer, softball, volleyball and boys and girls lacrosse. In these sports, Rawlings balls will be used exclusively for all rounds of SCHSL post-season play.

While we certainly endorse the use of the Rawlings football, and it is included in the agreement, there is no exclusivity requirement related to SCHSL post-season play.

I would encourage you to consider the use of Rawlings balls throughout the regular season so that our student-athletes are accustomed to each balls' performance characteristics prior to the start of the state playoffs.

Rawlings is working diligently to ensure that its dealers across our state have the appropriate inventory on hand to service your needs as you prepare for the upcoming academic year. If you have any questions or feedback regarding the product covered by this agreement, please contact Rawlings by emailing SCHSL@rawlings.com. I believe we will receive the highest level of customer service from the Rawlings team both on the ground in South Carolina and at the company's corporate headquarters in St. Louis.

I have attached a Rawlings flyer which outlines the various balls included in our agreement and provides the part numbers required when discussing your needs with your local distributor. We will be providing a Rawlings distributor list in a later email for ease of reference.

Please join me in thanking Rawlings for their support of the SCHSL, and let my office know if you have any questions. Thank you.