Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
S
Well, just for fun b/c I am bored and am anticipating the playoffs. What do you all think.

Upper State:
I think the upperstate will go to (no suprise) CC. I think the match to watch out for will be SCS and Dixie. Dixie has played them hard the past 2 games from what I have heard. Look for Dixie to turn it up a notch and may give SCS a run for it. I know Ninety Six and Wareshoals is having a flop season (why is that??) after a good preseason ranking.

Lower State:
Here is where it gets kinda tricky. You have a few good teams and no real dominate teams which makes for great playoff games. You have the favored team, Buford with a 9-2 record that looks pretty strong. Then you have GSSM who looks to be playing solid with a 4th place ranking. You also have WE and Blackville-Hilda. These teams as of now have split their matches. I think WE will go deep into the playoffs but don't know if they can hold off Buford or GSSM (I guess that's what playoffs are for). Then I don't know about Buford or GSSM. They have played twice and both games went into overtime and one was PK's. Judging from their past 2 games (by scores) GSSM is gonna need to work on finishing if they want to stop Buford in the playoffs this year.

~My predictions are CC vs. Buford once again.
Good luck to all teams for the rest of the season and playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We SCS I think have a shot at competing this year. CC is obviously a much more skilled and talented team than we are, but lets take into account the first game in which Tomek scored 5 goals and 2 of which were free kicks upper 90 from about 30-40 yards out. Now I know he's good, but you can't do that everyday. Also he's been hurt all year and so he's probably not quite 100%. Also, we played at their field which is tiny and crowns badly in the middle, this gives them the ability to on throw-ins put the ball in the middle of the box everytime(their throw-ins are more dangerous than their corner kicks). So if we want to beat them at state then we are going to have to have home field advantage which means we will have to beat them on Tuesday, and Tomek will have to be shutdown. Dixie on the other hand is a very good team don't get me wrong, but they just don't have a lot of true "soccer players" they have a lot of athletes. We deffinately should beaten them on the field both times that we played them, but we just weren't moving the ball around very well. So they have the potential to beat us, but it's gonna take an excellent game on their side and a poor game on our side. In the Lowerstate I predict that WE is gonna be the sleeper. If I had to put money on it I would say that Buford would win just because I haven't seen them play and the odds are in their favor, but I think WE has a chance. It's hard to tell about the 1A lower state teams w/o seeing them play because all of their schedules are so weak.

S
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
S
Hey DCA6767, this is off the subject a bit but why hasn't your coach or A.D. posted of all your games?? You have a Landrum (I think) and your past 2 games that haven't been plugged in showing you at only 9-1??? Did you win all of these or is there some type of reasoning for this? ~Just curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I play for Blackville-Hilda and I think we may have a chance to go far this year. We aren't the team from two years ago that went head-to-head with CC in the State Championship, but I think if we work a little harder at finishing we can hang with any team. We also have a tough game heading our way, we play W-E for th Region Championship. It's going to be tough, but I think that we can beat them if we stay at the top of our game. Oh yeah, and if the refs call the game fair unlike last time we played them.

Link Copied to Clipboard