Print Thread
#169610 05/08/15 02:02 PM
C
Coach
OP Offline
Coach
C
Ok, I'm curious to see the input from our panel of experts on this situation:

Attacking player is dribbling down the sideline just inside the attacking third and is fouled by a defending player. She stumbles but recovers and continues moving toward goal with the ball. Official indicates that he has seen the foul but allows play to continue based on advantage.

The attacking player continues dribbling into the penalty area, where she is again fouled and brought down inside the penalty box. The whistle blows.

What's the right call? Penalty kick for the foul inside the penalty area? Or free kick from the spot of the original foul for advantage that did not materialize?

I've got good news and bad news...
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
The advantage was gained when she continued dribbling into the penalty box, so it did materialize. It was a different phase of play. The call should be a PK.

WhoDaresWins
Goal
Goal
My "expert" opinion is once advantage is played, that is over and the next foul results in a pk.
I'm guessing by you asking that didn't happen?

C
Coach
OP Offline
Coach
C
You guess wisely, my friend.

T
Throw In
Throw In
T
Pk Should be awarded..

Tasos Georgopoulos J L Mann High School Varsity Girls Soccer
Goal
Goal
Pelanty! smile

Victory Starts Here!
C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
I'm wondering why the PK wouldn't be the advantage that didn't materialize. That reminds me of the Ref who carded a player for delay of game, taking 30 seconds to a minute to get them off the field and then didn't add any time to the end of the game.

Coach Cady GSSM
C
Coach
OP Offline
Coach
C
I was told by the AR it was the "referee's prerogative" whether to award the PK for the foul in the penalty area or to call it back to the spot of the original foul. My argument was, if she hadn't been fouled the first time, it would have obviously been a PK...but because she was fouled twice it's a kick from 25-30 yards out?

I don't get bent out of shape and argue calls from the sideline...just wanted to consult a broader audience to make sure my way of thinking wasn't entirely biased and crazy.

A
Bench
Bench
A
Absolutely should have awarded the penalty.

The advantage was called, recognizing the first foul but allowing the player to continue. Once that happens, it's all on the next play, which in this case is the foul in the penalty area.

100% should have been a penalty. Poor decision by the official there.

U
Bench
Bench
U
Or the presumed foul in the box wasn't seen as a foul...

Link Copied to Clipboard