G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Lower state wins 2A boys and 2A/1A

Upper state gets the rest

Goal
Goal
First off, what a venue! I didn't mind paying $5 to park for that kind of facility. Wish Richland 1 could address its needs as well as Lexington 1 has with their schools and athletic facilities.

Congrats to AC Flora! First time I'd seen them play this year and I was impressed. Strong senior leadership from what I was told and when they faced adversity they responded.

Was a little disappointed with St. James but understand this is their school's first State Championship appearance in any sport. It showed! The Falcons' athletic program is used to winning championships now and it's good to see Columbia boys soccer back on the map. First time since Spring Valley reached three-straight Finals (2006-08) and first Richland 1 boys team since Dreher in 2006.

I was hoping to see the Dreher girls play on Friday but I saw them four times this spring and figured they would have little trouble in the Finals if they got there. The big hurdles were Eagles and Chapin took care of Eastside and then the Blue Devils won the rubber game between the Region 4 programs. Hilton Head has a wonderful program but judging from their results they were a little down this year by their standards.

50th for a reason!
G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
The venue would be first rate if it was a purpose built grass soccer pitch or regulation size.

As a multi use artificial turf field it represents a compromise of convenience.

The infrastructure is great but segregating spectator sides is silly.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard