Hey everyone,

It is with a heavy heart that I am posting this thread. I've accepted a position with an international school in the Caribbean and will be vacating my position in Saluda. We have identified a potential replacement but nothing is set in stone.

Our Athletic Director, Jeanette Wilder, and I agree that it is critical that we bring in someone with coaching experience and the desire to continue the strong growth that this program has shown over the last few seasons. There is A TON of talent in Saluda county, reaching down into the primary and elementary schools. Demographic shifts over the last two decades means that Saluda has a well established and growing Latino community. Over the last three years this community has proved to me and the school district that they are committed to helping build and maintain a successful soccer program. Any potential candidate with the desire and flexibility to engage with this community (as I have) will find the reward handsome in the form of commitment, support, and passion. In addition, proposed reclassification will most likely not change Saluda's position in SCHSL AA. Depending on the placement of Christ Church and St. Joseph's, Saluda could potentially challenge for honors in the Upper State for the foreseeable future. In short, this is a program that has a great potential for growth over the next 5-10 years.

Teaching positions are TBA (Jeanette will be able to answer those questions with more authority). I do know, however, that there is at least one Middle Level ELA position open at Saluda Middle School which is connected to the high school. This is a great opportunity for any coach with the desire to compete at the highest level possible. Here is some contact information:

Jeanette Wilder: jwilder@saludaschools.org (Athletic Director)
Colin Crumpton: ccrumpton@saludaschools.org (Me, I can answer soccer related questions, little else)