Next Thread
Print Thread
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
http://www.thestate.com/sports/high-school/article72698502.html

^^North-South/Clash Rosters.

http://forums.scsoccer.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=171053#Post171053

^^Thread detailing Allstar game nominations.

My question doesn't concern the actual selection of the teams but, even though there are certainly many candidates, why aren't there more nominations??!?!?!? As a coach, isn't it your job to try and promote your kids and your program? Why not at least submit one candidate from your team? It doesn't matter if you're 0-15 or 15-0, what holds you back from nominating? Surely filling out the form can't be that difficult for an adult?

I'm sorry, but if you have players out there who scratch, claw, and commit to your program, the least you can do as a coach is TRY to get them recognized. Anything less is pure negligence.

I saw this on Fox Soccer Channel and was blown away. Surely, this kid is at least nominated

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/video?vid=626651203724

Nope.

WHY?

Further, Chapin - the #1 team in 3A - nominated a single player. How? Does this team have only 1 senior?

The only logical conclusion is that the coach failed to nominate them, and to me, that's poor. That's REALLY bad considering the amount of information available to the coaches. I could understand if this were the dark ages (pre-internet), but there is really no excuse. Shame on them.

~

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Not sure about this specific situation, but often players are not nominated because they will not be available for the matches.

Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
That's a fair point. I suppose I would still question why every coach does not at least "try" to nominate somebody. They don't have to win. I suppose if all seniors on a team tell the coach they are not interested or unavailable, then so be it. I have a hard time believing that to be the case for the majority of schools not having anyone even nominated.

Goal
Goal
Having been a part of the process of picking a past team, it's not an easy process. I would like to see the process improved but not by every coach nominating every senior. The answer is not to "water down" the talent pool.
I don't nominate players that I don't think are deserving of being considered an all star. It annoys me when coaches have 8 seniors and nominate them all just so they don't hurt anyone's feelings.

Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
That's not what I was implying...

I was more implying that, under deserving circumstances, there should be more representation from some schools around the state. If these coaches are simply not going through the motions of nominating their players because of negligence, that's poor.

I'd like to see the process changed too, but I could care less with the "picking of the team." I'm more concerned at starting from the bottom ie having coaches do their job by nominating deserving players.

Goal
Goal
Agree. Deserving players need to be recognized/nominated.

I believe that coaches have to be a member of the coach's association in order to nominate and some schools have a high turnover at the head coaching position that they might not know.
They may not know how the process works.
They might not know this website exists.

Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In

"I believe that coaches have to be a member of the coach's association in order to nominate and some schools have a high turnover at the head coaching position that they might not know."

If that's the case, how does Dreher have nominations? Their coach is not on this list...

http://forums.scsoccer.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=170340#Post170340

-M-
McCall Casey Woodruff
McCall Jeremy Powdersville
McCoord Chris Midland Valley
McDuffie Leslie Newberry
McGee Terrence Woodruff
McGinty Paul Spartanburg
McKinney Flynn Greenville
McKinney Stephen Spring Valley
McLeod Jamie A.C. Flora
Mace Andy Seneca
Mancuso P.J. Wade Hampton (G)
Manning Michael Bluffton
Martinez Kristal Lake City
Masone Samuel Airport
Mauldin Mike Dutch Fork
Maupin Kelly Lexington
Mayes Aaron Camden
Melton Colin Powdersville
Meredith Chad Swansea
Merriman Anna Academic Magnet
Miller Bailey Laurens
Mills John Richland Northeast
Moore Gary Brewer MS
Moore Mary Southside
Morris Keith Airport
Morris Rick St. Joseph's
Mouzon Jason Northwestern
Moxley Rick Seneca
Mueller Blair Myrtle Beach
Murray Heather Cane Bay
Myers Dave South Aiken

Surely he knows how this process works and that this website exists? I hate to single Dreher out, but I don't have all day to do research on more flaws with your logic. You're too quick to dismiss the negligence of others as "they may not know." This is the information age.

Again, my gripe is not with the coaches in the farthest reaches of the state, places that Pat Conroy (RIP) would have written about. It's more about places with "established programs" not fulfilling obligations to their players.

Parents, players, other members of the community want to know how players get selected and why, but in order to answer that question, look within.

Goal
Goal
No clue buddy. I was just taking a guess.
Contact the Dreher coach and ask if it's that concerning to you.

Players get nominated by their coach, a committee picks the team with the ultimate say going to the coaches that are coaching the the game.

Obviously you're upset about it for you to create a profile to post on this particular topic. There are many more coaches with more knowledge on this subject than me. I was just trying to help answer your question. Maybe others will chime in and give you a better answer.

S
Bench
Bench
S
I don't understand why coaches don't nominate their players! Most are just selfish and in it for themselves. They don't care about the players that work hard for them and their school.

Link Copied to Clipboard