Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
A
Throw In
Throw In
A
Twenty Five years of doing this, and people still call that a goal. First, when the ball hits the bar, AR2 is not on the goal line, he is a good 5 yards in front of it, so from his angle (5 yards in front of the goal line) he may have well thought it was a good goal. However, that angle it is impossible to see it. This is why in the EUFA league they have officials standing right off the field but on the goal line. It is impossible for ANY AR no matter what skill level they are at to 100% be sure that the ball completely went over the goal line.

Second, when a ball hits the top cross bar it has not completely gone over, backspin must propel the entire ball, not part of it, over the goal line. If any part of that ball hits the goal line, it is not a goal. The width of the goal line should be the same as the width of the goal posts, since the ball must travel beyond the posts it must therefore completely travel beyond the goal line, which the picture shows it didn't.

Bottom line is, the AR never made it down to the goal line, therefore it is impossible for him to be 100% sure that it went in, that isn't his fault since it is impossible to run that fast. What was his fault was calling it a goal without being 100% sure and being right there. Tough loss.

Dale #172023 05/15/16 12:46 PM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
If your team is so much better than Lexington is, as you said on TV and in the paper, why didn't your team put the match away in regulation?

Stop whining, have a little class.

D
Dale Offline OP
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
D
Read PJAY's earlier post about how bad the refs were. They weren't going to let Mann win. Don't just jump in the middle of the thread or watch the game yourself.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Originally Posted By: arrgy
Twenty Five years of doing this, and people still call that a goal. First, when the ball hits the bar, AR2 is not on the goal line, he is a good 5 yards in front of it, so from his angle (5 yards in front of the goal line) he may have well thought it was a good goal. However, that angle it is impossible to see it. This is why in the EUFA league they have officials standing right off the field but on the goal line. It is impossible for ANY AR no matter what skill level they are at to 100% be sure that the ball completely went over the goal line.

Second, when a ball hits the top cross bar it has not completely gone over, backspin must propel the entire ball, not part of it, over the goal line. If any part of that ball hits the goal line, it is not a goal. The width of the goal line should be the same as the width of the goal posts, since the ball must travel beyond the posts it must therefore completely travel beyond the goal line, which the picture shows it didn't.

Bottom line is, the AR never made it down to the goal line, therefore it is impossible for him to be 100% sure that it went in, that isn't his fault since it is impossible to run that fast. What was his fault was calling it a goal without being 100% sure and being right there. Tough loss.

The bolded part is wrong.

The goal line is the thin black line in this photo, not the larger white line.

The ball is clearly beyond the black line. And it is not even close.
The video posted last night also shows that the ball came down clearly beyond the black line as well.

And here is a screen shot of the channel 7 news story and you can see the ball is WAY beyond the black line. Not even close from this angle. Remember black line is goal line, not white.

Click link to see large version of photo
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13235424_10205683575189380_6229547809949371960_o.jpg

Dale #172026 05/15/16 01:34 PM
P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Originally Posted By: Dale
Read PJAY's earlier post about how bad the refs were. They weren't going to let Mann win. Don't just jump in the middle of the thread or watch the game yourself.

Hey now... I didn't see the game so I don't know how bad the refs were.

My point is that everyone complains about the refs, both sides, especially when you lose. That is life.

Bigger point is complain about the refs all day long. End of the day that ball crossed the line and is a goal and Mann lost.

Goal
Goal
GOAL! I was there and said it was in immediately. Congrats to the Wildcats!

Victory Starts Here!
D
Dale Offline OP
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
D
I will agree that was a goal at the end. The rest of the game's refereeing was what took us there. That is what I was referring too earlier. PJay stated several cases of how bad the refs wanted Lexington to when. Even stated how one sided the stats would be.

Bench
Bench
At the end of the day if the shoe was on the other foot the argument would be going in the same way. To lose a state championship like that is just crummy no matter who is on the losing side. It was a hard call for anyone to make and it did look like the middle ref was just ready to get the game over. It was a tough game for both teams, in the first half Mann possessed the ball 65-70% and just could not find the net, I think a lot of factors played in this game. How much does Lexington play on turf? Mann does not play on turf at all and as most of you know has probably the worst field condition in the upstate. You could see from the start of the game those girls we off on the turf, the ball played much faster then they were use to and due to that turned the ball over a lot. The heat was a factor and you could see that start taking a toll as the game went on with the cramps and just the pace of the game.
My daughter wanted a state championship possibly more than anyone on that field and it hurts to lose, it hurts even more to lose with so much controversy. Lexington is a good team, are they better, I am not sure about that, it looked pretty even, take out some of the other influences of this game and I think we would have really seen who was the better team, unfortunately we will never know.

Dale #172030 05/15/16 02:11 PM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Typical Mann attitude.

They whine, they cry, it's never their fault.

D
Dale Offline OP
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
D
Sounds like you have had many butt kickings by Mann Bomber. How many titles do you have or been too?

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard