Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I read in the Florence Morning News today that Wilson is actually claiming a share of the region standings... what is that?!

I cant believe Wilson would actually claim that after we beat them 3-0, got the #1 seed from our region in the playoffs, and hold the advantage for goals against. Pretty lame in my opinion, sure they had the 1-0 win by way of pk earlier in the year but i thought this was settled after the convincing 3-0 win. Guess it wasn't.

By the way Lee Johnson can be stopped... and he has been.

World Cup
World Cup
Technically, they (Wilson) are correct ... the region by-laws more than likely state that the goals allowed, etc. argument is only to determine seeding for the playoffs, not that it is a "co-championship" situation. Congratulations to both teams at any rate!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO, claiming co champs after getting beat 3-0 in a virtual region championship game is pretty lame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
250 posts in 78 days is pretty lame also. Prob shouldnt have said that bc u'll be on my case every time I post on here. Besides that, i have a question for kyle or kevin. If a 2A team finished 5th in their region, would they still be eligable for a playoff spot if their non-region record was good enough? And do 2A region champs, 2nd place, 3rd place automatically recieve bids, or are playoff seeds dependent entirely on a seeding meeting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah lee definitely can be stopped....hes not near as good as the papers build him up to be

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by EHSdefender:
250 posts in 78 days is pretty lame also. Prob shouldnt have said that bc u'll be on my case every time I post on here. Besides that, i have a question for kyle or kevin. If a 2A team finished 5th in their region, would they still be eligable for a playoff spot if their non-region record was good enough? And do 2A region champs, 2nd place, 3rd place automatically recieve bids, or are playoff seeds dependent entirely on a seeding meeting?

I don't have a problem with G/W Knight..but yeah..you got burned.

You guys (West Florence) shouldn't even care man. You guys are probably going to have a fairly decent playoff run..I wouldn't be surprised if you shocked some of the expected Lowerstate contenders. Anyways..why do you care about Wilson? ..sure they're county rivals..but you guys are heading into the playoffs..forget them.

We (Lugoff-Elgin) NEVER are mentioned in the Camden Chronicle..unless we play Camden.. even when we had a more attractive record.

Media is media.. sport is sport..

..to finish up.. I'm rooting for you guys in the Lowerstate..you and BC. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EHSDEFENDER,
I'm not Kyle or Kevin, but will try to answer your question. Technically in 2A anyone can be in the playoffs. The coach/AD just need to submit an entry form. The committee gets together to seed the teams. They look at several areas to determine seedings: overall record, head-to-head match ups, common opponents, etc. Hope that answers your question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a reminder to any/all 2A coaches, playoff entry forms are due by Friday, April 30.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G and W,

our records against each other is what they go by not a point system. It's not a tournament. Good luck in the playoffs.

B
goal
goal
B
L-E Dude, why is it a surprise that you're not mentioned in the "Camden" Chronicle, unless you play Camden?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah, don't worry about it. You'll be alright in the morning.

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Bear:
L-E Dude, why is it a surprise that you're not mentioned in the "Camden" Chronicle, unless you play Camden?

There are three high schools in Kershaw County.. North Central HS (2A), L-E HS & Camden HS (both 3A).. Lugoff usually makes it farthest in the playoffs for sports overall (football is the only thing Camden really has a lock on) ..no matter how good of a season a team of any sport has at L-E we're pretty much non-existant in the paper.

The point is..that crap isn't important.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L-E Dude, that didnt really hurt my feelings at all. I dont really rate my "coolness" on how much I post, so his attempt at a "burn" came up a little short. Maybe my post count wouldn't be so high if i didn't have to waste my time replying to morons like EHSdefender.

I dont really care if Wilson says they are region champs, we got the #1 seed and we will more than likely be playing when they are turning their uniforms in and that is all i care about. I know how the whole system works and i know technically they are co champs, but i dont see why the paper is so obsessed with Wilson. They came into the game last Thursday knowing they could lockup the region outright and they got dominated 3-0... not exactly champion material to me. I'm just tired of seeing Wilson praises in the papers talking about how great of a scorer Lee Johnson is, when they fail to mention how cheap he is during the game (by the way... front page after the game last thursday: Suprise! Lee Johnson with a handful of one our defenders' jersey - so typical.). Or how Tim Strickland is such a hero for making 14 saves when all of them were basically kicked right at him. Where were the papers when Wilson lost to Governor's School twice? That seems like more of a story to me.

My thing is why not do 1 single story about WF and all of their accomplishments in the Florence Morning News. We are the other "co champion", we only gave up 2 goals in region play (a pk in the 1-0 Wilsn loss, and a fluke deflection), we are always the best team in Florence and the Pee Dee for that matter, we have a coach that has been here for 24 years... won many region titles, and is very responsible for soccer being where it is today in Florence, why not a story on him... instead of Wilson Coach's quotes all over the paper calling his keeper the best in the region and probably the lower state and about how Lee is such a great player. At least that would be worth the ink.

B
goal
goal
B
L-E Dude, I apologize if I offended you, but being a member of the alumni community, (many years ago), your statement is something that Lugoff-Elgin has been dealing with since I was in school. Being new to the boards, I actually found it interesting that soccer has some following there, since the school didn't have a team when I went.

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Bear:
L-E Dude, I apologize if I offended you, but being a member of the alumni community, (many years ago), your statement is something that Lugoff-Elgin has been dealing with since I was in school. Being new to the boards, I actually found it interesting that soccer has some following there, since the school didn't have a team when I went.

I wasn't offended at all. We've been slowly building an actual program over the past 4-5 years..(we lost 8 seniors last year..but have a strong JV)..so I don't blame you at all man.

G/W Knight- I sympathize with you.. but like I said..and you said.. you guys are going to actually make a run in the playoffs..so let the papers write about Wilson. They can write about how their season came to an abrupt end..and you guys will still be playing...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
My thing is why not do 1 single story about WF and all of their accomplishments in the Florence Morning News.
Are you serious? You want to know why Wilson is in the news? Last year, for the first time in 17 years, they went to the state soccer playoffs. They beat WF for the first time that I know of at the varsity level. That doesn't happen to often as you can imagine. It sure seems news-worthy to me. WF is the only thing you ever seen in the newspaper during the spring. With normal domination in both soccer and baseball there really isn't much else to write about. Give wilson their time. After a while the newspaper will go back to its usual self.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats not true. There are hardly ever big stories on West Florence's accomplishments in spring sports... sure there is a big deal when we lose but hardly ever when we win.

You guys have two good offensive players that can score goals against teams that aren't that great... and maybe the occasional pk against teams that are pretty good. What is all the fuss about?

I'm done talking about it...later on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In our win against Wilson earlier this year(2-0) Tim reported to the papers that he had 46 saves.....riiiight!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha, yeah...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SF and G & W,

Let's all agree to disagree on this subject. But it seems to me that you guys are mad because it's not you guys in the paper and someone else for a change. Do we claim that we are a great team, no. Do we claim to be a powerhouse in SC soccer, no. Were we happy that the soccer gods looked favorably apon us and we beat both of your teams once this year, yes. Quit complaining about the past and who got coverage and who didn't. Who cares about the coverage of a small town paper. As was said earlier, we all have playoff matches to consider,home playoff matches at that.

Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

PS,
I thought it was a good article in Friday's paper about both teams, West and South, and when they covered you guys in three of the 4 games with us. The focus wasn't on Wilson, but the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard