Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I read in the Florence Morning News today that Wilson is actually claiming a share of the region standings... what is that?!

I cant believe Wilson would actually claim that after we beat them 3-0, got the #1 seed from our region in the playoffs, and hold the advantage for goals against. Pretty lame in my opinion, sure they had the 1-0 win by way of pk earlier in the year but i thought this was settled after the convincing 3-0 win. Guess it wasn't.

By the way Lee Johnson can be stopped... and he has been.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Technically, they (Wilson) are correct ... the region by-laws more than likely state that the goals allowed, etc. argument is only to determine seeding for the playoffs, not that it is a "co-championship" situation. Congratulations to both teams at any rate!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO, claiming co champs after getting beat 3-0 in a virtual region championship game is pretty lame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
250 posts in 78 days is pretty lame also. Prob shouldnt have said that bc u'll be on my case every time I post on here. Besides that, i have a question for kyle or kevin. If a 2A team finished 5th in their region, would they still be eligable for a playoff spot if their non-region record was good enough? And do 2A region champs, 2nd place, 3rd place automatically recieve bids, or are playoff seeds dependent entirely on a seeding meeting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah lee definitely can be stopped....hes not near as good as the papers build him up to be

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by EHSdefender:
250 posts in 78 days is pretty lame also. Prob shouldnt have said that bc u'll be on my case every time I post on here. Besides that, i have a question for kyle or kevin. If a 2A team finished 5th in their region, would they still be eligable for a playoff spot if their non-region record was good enough? And do 2A region champs, 2nd place, 3rd place automatically recieve bids, or are playoff seeds dependent entirely on a seeding meeting?

I don't have a problem with G/W Knight..but yeah..you got burned.

You guys (West Florence) shouldn't even care man. You guys are probably going to have a fairly decent playoff run..I wouldn't be surprised if you shocked some of the expected Lowerstate contenders. Anyways..why do you care about Wilson? ..sure they're county rivals..but you guys are heading into the playoffs..forget them.

We (Lugoff-Elgin) NEVER are mentioned in the Camden Chronicle..unless we play Camden.. even when we had a more attractive record.

Media is media.. sport is sport..

..to finish up.. I'm rooting for you guys in the Lowerstate..you and BC. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EHSDEFENDER,
I'm not Kyle or Kevin, but will try to answer your question. Technically in 2A anyone can be in the playoffs. The coach/AD just need to submit an entry form. The committee gets together to seed the teams. They look at several areas to determine seedings: overall record, head-to-head match ups, common opponents, etc. Hope that answers your question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a reminder to any/all 2A coaches, playoff entry forms are due by Friday, April 30.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G and W,

our records against each other is what they go by not a point system. It's not a tournament. Good luck in the playoffs.

B
goal
goal
B
L-E Dude, why is it a surprise that you're not mentioned in the "Camden" Chronicle, unless you play Camden?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard