Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#172361 08/18/16 04:22 PM
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
The South Carolina High School League (SCHSL) and MaxPreps, the online high school sports leader, have announced a partnership agreement.

SCHSL & MaxPreps Announce Partnership for Customized Sports Information Platform

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
How does this impact our use of Eurosport?

Goal
Goal
I'm curious what others think about the new MaxPreps website vs. Eurosport. It took some getting used to but I like it so far. I'm hoping the word gets out so more teams put their schedules in.

S
Brace
Brace
S
I LOVE IT!

I've been using it for the last 3 years over at Beaufort and it made life easier for us and for those players/parents who were stat hungry. It allows you to input different stats and it even keeps tabs on the players' stats over the years.

Although it takes some getting used to, it's not too difficult and it offers a LOT more than what Eurosport did

Curious, will we still be doing the weekly rankings like it was at Eurosport or will we use MaxPrep's already preset ranking system?

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
World Cup
World Cup
Just a reminder for all coaches, managers, referees, reporters, and fans to become familiar with MaxPreps, which will become the Scoreboard home to Palmetto State prep soccer in 2017!

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
A couple of quick comments/questions (or whines):

Is it possible to have another link on the SCSoccer home page for MaxPreps SC Girls Soccer? The current link takes you to the boys section (it doesn't really specify boys) and I haven't found a simple way to go to SC Girls Soccer - I can get there, but not simply (us old guys need simple).

Also, I've requested that the Governor's School For Science and Math be added to the Class A - Region II on the web page but it hasn't happened in over a week (I think they say it will take 24 hours) and they haven't communicated what the problem is. Do we, "SCSoccer.com", have to do something to make that happen?

Coach Cady GSSM
C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
I have used it for several years here at Spring Valley. We use it to present player of the game certificates. WE had a player receive a Max Prep state player of the week award that was mailed to SV for her. It has really helped with year end and career stats.

just PLEASE DO NOT PUT SCRIMMAGES IN AS GAMES.

A
Bench
Bench
A
I added Governor's School For Science and Math to Class A -Region II.

Email me if you need anything else.

Alisa - adancer@maxpreps.com

Brace
Brace
Originally Posted By: AlisaMP
I added Governor's School For Science and Math to Class A -Region II.

Email me if you need anything else.

Alisa - adancer@maxpreps.com

When will the regions look right?

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
Goal
Goal
In the past I could go in and add games to teams playing in a tournament we were hosting. Can you still do that or do you have to be one of the coaches to put in a game?
If I'm playing in a tournament, should I enter my own games?

World Cup
World Cup
I have been working with Alisa Dancer of MaxPreps today regarding the SCHSL Realignment for 2017-18. I have cross-checked the five classifications and 95% are correct. She is going to edit the regions and I will follow-up with her over the weekend. I will work on the SCISA data tomorrow.

Throw In
Throw In
So are we not supposed to put in any scrimmages on the MaxPreps team page?

World Cup
World Cup
Originally Posted By: boyerphil
So are we not supposed to put in any scrimmages on the MaxPreps team page?

That is correct! No Scrimmages/Jamborees should appear on a team's schedule. Only regular season, tournament, and playoff games should be listed.

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Will the rankings that come out each week on MaxPreps be broken down by classification or just still be state?

T
Bench
Bench
T
FYI; rankings are gonna be skewed as there are still so many scrimmages in the Maxprep schedule for February.

I'm cool with it, just an added thought.

World Cup
World Cup
Originally Posted By: Trojan5nation
FYI; rankings are gonna be skewed as there are still so many scrimmages in the Maxprep schedule for February.

I'm cool with it, just an added thought.

Interesting comment! I think most coaches/team managers have made the necessary changes to remove any Scrimmages or Jamborees from their Schedule and post it to their Calendar. From the looks of the data below, it's mainly folks that did not attend the SCHSSCA Business Meeting last Friday in Columbia or perhaps don't read the SCHSSCA Message Board very often.

BOYS
2/11 - Wando/Irmo
2/14 - North Augusta/Batesburg-Leesville
2/21 - Thomas Sumter/Northwood, Lake City/Manning

GIRLS
2/7 - Swansea/White Knoll
2/8 - Hartsville/GSS&M, Aiken/Gilbert
2/9 - Lakewood/Wilson
2/11 - TBA/Gilbert
2/13 - Swansea/Ridge View
2/15 - Swansea/Broome
2/17 - Gilbert/Richland Northeast
2/20 - Gilbert/River Bluff

World Cup
World Cup
If your team is listed below, please inform the coach/team manager to remove these games from your schedule. Otherwise, those scrimmages will be counted on your season's record. No Scrimmages or Jamboree matches should be listed on your team's schedule. Please post those to your team's calendar.

BOYS

2/6
Cheraw/South Florence

2/7
Hanahan/West Ashley, Riverside/Byrnes, Pendleton/Southside

2/9
Beaufort/West Ashley, Myrtle Beach/Waccamaw, Blue Ridge/Riverside, James Island/Academic Magnet, Daniel/Easley, Chapman/Boiling Springs

2/10
Westside/Hillcrest, T.L. Hanna/Walhalla, Pickens/Travelers Rest

2/13
West Ashley/Porter-Gaud, Barnwell/Woodland, Palmetto/Wren, Fort Dorchester/James Island, Hillcrest/Spartanburg, Socastee/Waccamaw, Greenville/Carolina Academy, Berea/Travelers Rest

2/14
Woodmont/Pickens, North Augusta/Batesburg-Leesville

2/15
North Charleston/St. John's, Midland Valley/Bamberg-Ehrhardt, Christ Church Episcopal/Belton-Honea Path, Beaufort/Porter-Gaud, Dixie/Palmetto

2/16
Berea/Westside, Travelers Rest/Carolina Academy, Riverside/Dorman

2/17

Cane Bay/West Ashley, Ashley Ridge/Porter-Gaud, Daniel/Woodmont, Boiling Springs/Greenville, Easley/Christ Church Episcopal, Fox Creek/Bamberg-Ehrhardt, Hanahan/Rock Hill, North Myrtle Beach/Loris, Chapman/Blue Ridge

C
Brace
Brace
C
2/17 WA vs Cane Bay is a Tournament game, Rock hill vs Hanahan is also a tournament game. Those game are part of the Charleston Cup hosted by WA and AMHS

C
Brace
Brace
C
Question in the past we could see the scrimmage games on the calendar, is there a way to see who is scrimmaging?

World Cup
World Cup
Originally Posted By: Coach J
Question in the past we could see the scrimmage games on the calendar, is there a way to see who is scrimmaging?

No, and that is something we are addressing with MaxPreps. I think that is a good feature as well - if for nothing else to have your entire "schedule" in the same spot. I don't think it would be difficult to designate matches that do not count toward a team's record such as Scrimmages and Jamborees. We will keep you posted but in the meantime if you want to list those preseason matches in this thread feel free to do so.

S
Throw In
Throw In
S
Tried to delete the Pendleton v Southside scrimmage on 2/7, but said it was locked and could not edit/delete. How do I get it off the schedule?

T
Bench
Bench
T
FYI about (17) 5A girls teams have put in scrimmage results.

Rankings are up and skewed, unless we are to all put in scrimmages.

I'm cool with it either way, just an added thought.

Goal
Goal
When you log into max preps and get to the South Carolina page, is there a button that makes it so you see girls teams? When I click on teams or schedules, it's boys teams. Am I missing something?

T
Bench
Bench
T
Nope. Have to do the added step.

Goal
Goal
I don't even know how to get to that step without clicking on my name when I'm logged in and clicking on my team. Seems like they should have a button on the South Carolina page that says "Boys/Girls".

World Cup
World Cup

T
Bench
Bench
T
That would help. Their userface is the issue. Other than that you have to save the max peeps girls as a book mark.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Is there any way to see Region tables on the MaxPreps site?

Go Blue!! Go Canes!!
World Cup
World Cup
Yes! Go to your team's home page at MaxPreps and select 'Standings' and scroll to your Region.

For Example:
AAAA Region I Standings

4-0, Daniel
3-1, Greenville
2-3, Belton-Honea Path
1-3, Wren
1-4, Pickens

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 04/18/17 11:52 AM.
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Thanks!!

Go Blue!! Go Canes!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard