Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wanting to know if H.H's defense is better than Dutchfork's or even up to par with them. Just wanting to know for playoff info.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hilton head's defense breaks down if you put pressure on them. If you have fast strikers who can dribble, Dutch Fork is not going to have too much trouble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to rectify a very incorrect statement, Hilton Head's defense DOES NOT break down very easily. They are strong and quick, it would be a mistake to underestimate them. I was very impressed after watching them in the Palmetto Cup. In their loss to Fort Dorchester, they completely dominated the game, but was unable to finish their chances. Fort Dorchester had only four good opportunities all game, and scored on three of them. Unfortunate thing, really, since Hilton Head outshot them somewhere in the range of 20-30 to about 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait.... you say they have a strong defense, but on 3 of their 4 opportunities they scored. I'm not sure if thats a sign of a strong defense. If they dominate a game that's one thing, but that doesnt prove they have a strong defense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
unbiased observer

Soccer is not a game where you can make mistakes and Fort Dorcester or any team in the region knows that..If your defense gives up 3 goals a game and 4 good oppurtunities, that is not a good sign. I wonder if you were up during a big game against a big team like Hilton Head, would you attack and try to score more or try to finish the game and go back home with a victory..strategy is simportant..maybe their forwards need to work better and try to keep those shots a little lower so they can score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilton Head is strong all over the field. I have not seen the other team so I can not compare. However, a team with fast, fit and strong front runners should have success against them. They like to move the ball around in the back to set up their mid field. Others in this and other post state that you must press Hilton Head, I agree. They have good balance but tend to get rattled if they are pressed. Sed balls in to the middle! They are very quick and smart, # 16 is a tremendous player in the back and midfield!

Good Luck.........

A
Goal
Goal
A
Mr. Futball--I talked to you the other day about provoking responses on this board--obviously,you were not listening-so I will deal with you later.As a coach,I would have to say that HH is very impressive with a record to date that commands respect,but Mr observer is not quite correct either.We were outshot 21-9 with a number of those coming in the last minutes when we were clearly defending a lead and taking away space.But the truth be known,our best opportuity went for nothing.On a counter,with about 10 minutes to go one of our forwards was remarkably stoned by the HH keeper on what became a break away.
As dangerous as HH was,actual score should have been 4-2.Our keeper Matt Templeton played very well but was forced to make no outstanding saves.Total domination does not seem to make sense here.Good luck to HH.You are going to cause major headaches for whoever is left on your schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umm how about no it shouldn't of been

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To anyone doubting the defense of Hilton Head, look at the 2-0 shutout the put up against Summerville last nigth. Rather impressive. They do have a rather young defense but they dont lack any skill or speed and the keeper is phenominal. He and the Summerville kid both had some incredible saves last nite. Congrats to HH for the victory.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wanna see you guys play. Always good to see quality ball clubs play... *scratches chin* Yup.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard