Next Thread
Print Thread
#173307 04/18/17 04:49 PM
C
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
C
According to information on their website, USA/MP is making year round training mandatory. Is this a trend with other clubs in the state or is USA/MP on this path alone?

http://www.usamountpleasant.com/about-us-1/2017-2018-club-structure

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
We will certainly not follow that approach.
Indoor and outdoor facilities and options will be provided to coaches/teams who want to train in 'off season' but nothing mandatory.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
C
Coach
Coach
C
If I'm reading the website correctly, it looks like the full year-round training is for age groups that play both fall and spring seasons, with training sessions through the summer months. U16 and up still look like they have the spring season off starting Jan. 25, leaving them free to play their high school season and resuming with summer training in June.

At Charleston United, we provide training sessions through the summer months to all who want to participate, but sessions are not mandatory until August.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
Brace
Brace
S
Yeah it looks like it's just for players who play on the fall/spring league teams, which is mostly mioddle schoolers/freshmen.

I know at the clubs here locally, it's the same setup. Select teams that have a fall/spring league play year round. U16 & up don't have a league and only one of the clubs here has spring training for those players (and that's a complex setup that I don't feel like expounding on).

For the most part, the clubs down here don't do much during HS season

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
C
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
C
I just think its odd that MANDATORY training begins on June 5th. For years, summer training was optional. No response from the Midlands or Update clubs. Are SCUFC and CESA moving to MANDATORY summer training?

Goal
Goal
I hear this is one of the reasons USA/MP are going to year round commitment. I hear GPS is trying to cherry pick players to come play on these tournament teams during the summer. Don't know if it's true but just what I am hearing.

http://www.gps-carolina.com/summershowcase

Link Copied to Clipboard