Here are some reminders and updates for the upcoming weekend:
1) We will meet Thursday night at 6:30 downstairs at the hotel. You will have your own room on Thursday and Friday night.
Hotel - Holiday Inn Express & Suites (Anderson I-85 Hwy. 76, Exit 19B)Holiday Inn Express & Suites
107 Interstate Blvd.
Anderson, SC 29621
This is the same hotel that the players will be staying. The players have to stay at the hotel.
2) We have ordered coaches gear for each of you. You might want to bring another pair of black coaches shorts for the game and a polo for the banquet just in case the gear does not fit.
3) Please make sure you have coordinated with each other about training gear. You need to bring your own balls, pennies, cones, etc for the training session.
4) The players are checking in at the gym at T.L. Hanna High School. The players need to go to the back of the school and that is where we will have the check in. If they drive, their car will stay at T.L. Hanna High School. They can NOT drive to the hotel. They can drive home after their game on Saturday. T.L. Hanna High School
Jim Fraser Field @ Memorial Stadium
2600 Hwy., 81 North
Anderson, SC 29621
*Players will be receiving a box lunch from Jimmy Johns when they check in. Their lunch is being sponsored by the FCA.
5) Remind the players to wear a training top from their high school team at check in. That is what they will train in.
6) I have to give the cater a number for the banquet by tomorrow, so if you will send out one more reminder to the players. We have gotten a good response from the girls side but not the boys. Thank you for your help with this!!
The banquet is at 6:30 at Westside HS.
BanquetWestside High School Cafeteria
806 Pearman Dairy Road
Anderson, SC 29625
* The banquet is planned for 6:30 on Friday evening. A bus will transport the players and coaches from the hotel to the banquet.
7) The players will wear wear their uniform with running shoes to the banquet.
8) After the game, the players will briefly be checked out by the trainers and then they can leave. Kevin Heise has the info of the players who have purchased their uniforms. If a player wants to purchase their uniform after the game, they will be able too.
9) Check in with the players this week to make sure they know to check in at 11:30 at T.L. Hanna and they are still coming
We've had to replace several players lately.
Thank you again for your help and we are looking forward to a great weekend. Anderson School District Five is very excited to have the game, and are working hard to make this a great experience for all the players and coaches.
Please let me know if you have any questions!