Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
I would love for an admin from the SCYSA to comment on their pricing structure for the "C" license course.

While I would love to get more education for myself in regards to coaching, and meet their "preferred" licensure requirements for U13-U18, the simple fact of the matter is that $2000 is ludicrous and a borderline scam. For most coaches, that's a years worth of stipend pay. It's also one of the country's most expensive C courses...

https://dcc.ussoccer.com/courses/available/4/all/details/1030/

With the amount of information in today's age, I can learn more from a free podcast or website than a week spent in a classroom with Greg Vallee.

Videos on YouTube are more instructive.

So the question is simple. Is it really about educating the coach? Or lining the pockets of an organization that has trouble shuffling paper or responding to a roster verification question on email.

Also, why is the SCYSA/USSF not allowing NSCAA badges/diplomas as equivalency? These are less ridiculous in price and, most of the time, more informative for coaches (by all accounts).

For all of this talk about the bigger picture, educating coaches, and growing the game from a grassroots level, it would probably serve players and coaches better if these prices were reduced monumentally and other options to attain similar education were allowed. Hell, I could get a UEFA B license for £950 in England or half of that in Germany, and I have a feeling that the experience might be AT LEAST marginally more enjoyable than an August day in Spartanburg, SC. I could use the savings on the plane ticket and beer.

What I really don't understand is why is this generation of coaches, who have far more playing and coaching experience than any that predates it, being punished by the old guard? Did you guys pay this much for your educations? Were your training courses this rigorous, this time consuming? I know they weren't. In fact, if I remember correctly, B's and C's were handed out like beads at Mardi Gras (to any boob) more than a decade ago. If you really think that the stratification of the coaching hierarchy hinges upon an overpriced license, you are ill-prepared to teach a sport that essentially is the most democratic sport on the planet. Seemingly, it's the LEAST democratic sport in America.

ALL OF THIS BEING SAID, I'M ALL FOR PAYING 2GRAND IF IT HELPS THE SCYSA FUND A MOVE AWAY FROM AFFINITY, BECAUSE THAT S&%T SUCKS.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick

Goal
Goal
Go on preacher!!!

Also,
You can go through the Scottish FA and get a C along with lodging and travel for cheaper than what we pay here.

Goal
Goal
Oh and welcome back SU&P and Wala. Nice to see y'all keeping everyone on their toes

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Originally Posted By: shut^&play
I would love for an admin from the SCYSA to comment on their pricing structure for the "C" license course.

While I would love to get more education for myself in regards to coaching, and meet their "preferred" licensure requirements for U13-U18, the simple fact of the matter is that $2000 is ludicrous and a borderline scam. For most coaches, that's a years worth of stipend pay. It's also one of the country's most expensive C courses...

https://dcc.ussoccer.com/courses/available/4/all/details/1030/

With the amount of information in today's age, I can learn more from a free podcast or website than a week spent in a classroom with Greg Vallee.

Videos on YouTube are more instructive.

So the question is simple. Is it really about educating the coach? Or lining the pockets of an organization that has trouble shuffling paper or responding to a roster verification question on email.

Also, why is the SCYSA/USSF not allowing NSCAA badges/diplomas as equivalency? These are less ridiculous in price and, most of the time, more informative for coaches (by all accounts).

For all of this talk about the bigger picture, educating coaches, and growing the game from a grassroots level, it would probably serve players and coaches better if these prices were reduced monumentally and other options to attain similar education were allowed. Hell, I could get a UEFA B license for £950 in England or half of that in Germany, and I have a feeling that the experience might be AT LEAST marginally more enjoyable than an August day in Spartanburg, SC. I could use the savings on the plane ticket and beer.

What I really don't understand is why is this generation of coaches, who have far more playing and coaching experience than any that predates it, being punished by the old guard? Did you guys pay this much for your educations? Were your training courses this rigorous, this time consuming? I know they weren't. In fact, if I remember correctly, B's and C's were handed out like beads at Mardi Gras (to any boob) more than a decade ago. If you really think that the stratification of the coaching hierarchy hinges upon an overpriced license, you are ill-prepared to teach a sport that essentially is the most democratic sport on the planet. Seemingly, it's the LEAST democratic sport in America.

ALL OF THIS BEING SAID, I'M ALL FOR PAYING 2GRAND IF IT HELPS THE SCYSA FUND A MOVE AWAY FROM AFFINITY, BECAUSE THAT S&%T SUCKS.

Question on the previous post, answered here. Welcome back!

Link Copied to Clipboard