Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
U12 is in the Jim Hudson 9v9. They play a statewide schedule to the US Club soccer league (Carolina's Premiere League) with similar competition (including some of the same teams). That schedule comes out in the next week and I believe it will be in a festival weekend format.

I've heard due to the CsPL, the teams u11 and below dont have a league but will be playing a 4 or 5 festival style weekends with maybe half in Charleston area

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
They play a statewide schedule **similar** to the US Club soccer league (Carolina's...

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
I don't think it is ironed out yet. I have seen some clubs in those age groups enter teams in the Coastal league (Chas Utd, Walterboro, KOSA, and Beach). I believe that is their intent at this point.

If the Battery decide to stay in house, I think those other clubs will really struggle to continue if there aren't any games to play.

This question was was raised and the Battery reps said they were committed to creating the best game day environment they can. It was emphasized that their philosophy on games at that age though is to assess prior training and guide future training.

The games are to be seen as an evaluation of the training, not the players at the younger ages. This may be a difficult idea for some parents to adjust to, but I think the kids will be fine as long as they get to play and fun.

On a side note. I know my sons team will play in local tournaments and the Battery is still willing to support local clubs. I will be interested to see if that is reciprocated at the Battery tournament(s).

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
U12 is in the Jim Hudson 9v9. They play a statewide schedule to the US Club soccer league (Carolina's Premiere League) with similar competition (including some of the same teams). That schedule comes out in the next week and I believe it will be in a festival weekend format.

I've heard due to the CsPL, the teams u11 and below dont have a league but will be playing a 4 or 5 festival style weekends with maybe half in Charleston area

I think Coast is the only team in common (at the top level anyway). I would argue the competition is not that similar (outside of one or two teams) but that is opinion.

I like the festival format for U11 and below but knowing most parents, they want games and they want a concrete schedule (preferably yesterday). Unless the rest of the program is done very well and professionally, it will become a problem in the future I think.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
SC United is not in C'sPL?

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
SC United is not in C'sPL?

Their first and second teams are. 3rd and 4th are in the Jim Hudson league.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Ah. I saw that it was SCU purple and then expanded to 2 teams: Premiere I and Premiere II. Didn't know what the names meant.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Festival days for SCYSA Coastal league are:
September 8
September 15
September 22
October 13
November 3

Jim Hudson to be announced later today

J
Kickoff
Kickoff
J
I saw that yesterday and I don't like the idea that there are 3 dates in September and only one in October (which our team can't make anyway due to tournament schedule).

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
The mixed bag of more travel, higher costs and schedule conflicts are going to be the new norm for all with the clubs split into two statewide leagues instead of 2 regional leagues. Certainly not good for the growth of the sport in the state.

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard