Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Bench
OP Offline
Bench
R

Register With the NCAA
Prior to beginning the recruitment process each athlete aspiring to play at the next level should register with the NCAA Eligibility Center..
Research Potential Schools:
Make a list of schools your athlete thinks they would like to attend and then explore them further. This decision is not only about that school’s athletics program. This is about your athlete’s education and the environment best suited to their individual taste. You want to provide the best possible environment to nurture them as they grow into adults during these formative years. Do not pressure your athlete into playing for a school they do not want to attend simply because that school has a good athletics program.
Research Who To Contact:
Search the targets schools web site for the contact information of the coaches or school officials you would like to reach out to.
Look for common connections in your social media networks with athletes on those teams who have already gone though the recruitment process. Ask your common friend in your network for an introduction to that athlete and discuss the recruitment process with them. Ask them who the best person to contact is regarding recruiting.
Ask your coach to reach out to college coaches:
The best way to get a college coach to take you seriously is to have your high school coach contact them or their staff directly. Once your coach reaches out however, he will need something to show them.
Create a Video:
The best way to create a buzz is with a clean video of your athlete’s best moments of an entire season. If a coach or recruiter comes to a single game, or even a few they only get to a see a small fraction of your athlete’s entire season. It is much better to present a professional looking highlight reel. An easy and effective way to accomplish this is with an app called SportXast that allows you to capture, automatically store, and share your athletes’ best moments of the entire season using just your smart phone.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Bumping this up; totally agree with all the points here, and I’ll add/modify a couple: Play ODP. I’ll be the first to admit that not all the best players in the state play, but it’s an opportunity to receive excellent coaching, play with other good players and get noticed. My son’s HS teams were not exceptional. His club (CESA) and ODP experience, in my opinion, got him noticed, and he’s playing Division I soccer. If your son or daughter WANTS to play in college, there are teams & coaches that want them.

Go Blue!! Go Canes!!

Link Copied to Clipboard