Print Thread
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
S
Brace
Brace
S
Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers
Originally Posted By: SharksFutbol
No new clubs. As far as I know, new clubs are accepted for each fall season & not spring

Not saying you are wrong coach, but this is C&P from the CPL website:

Please email completed Spring 2019 Applications to CPL League Director: sean@carolinaspremierleague.com

That link has been active since August 2018. Either a poorly written, long-standing typo or a complete falsehood. If the application is for next year, than Fall, not Spring, should be indicated.

Agreed. Not sure what that’s about, but I can tell you that no new clubs were approved in the spring. I may be wrong on this, but we were told clubs start in the fall so that it doesn’t mess up the year schedule already set. Again, I could be wrong. I’m just a coach in a club so I don’t have too much info from the big folks lol

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
How did the Fall go for the non cpl teams? Were the games competitive?

Like CsPL, there was definitely uneven competition last season. Hopefully both leagues account for that in the spring schedule. It was also a bit monotonous with all the CBSC teams but for the young ones that was fine. The tournaments were a good chance to test the club training and I was pleased with the results.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Now that CBSC has had a year of playing, I would imagine that They would be admitted to the cpl league next year. I would hope so. Have they decided what level some of their older teams will be playing or mentioned anything else about being awarded DA status? I don’t see the older teams listed yet.... just curious

J
Kickoff
Kickoff
J
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
How did the Fall go for the non cpl teams? Were the games competitive?

Like CsPL, there was definitely uneven competition last season. Hopefully both leagues account for that in the spring schedule. It was also a bit monotonous with all the CBSC teams but for the young ones that was fine. The tournaments were a good chance to test the club training and I was pleased with the results.

From what I was told by SCYSA, the matches should be more competitive in the Spring. With all of the movement over the summer, they didn't know how good teams were going to be and there were a lot of scheduling issues, as you know. They want to do divisions in the Spring and the entire schedule will be complete before the season starts with the first set of games on February 2nd.

J
Kickoff
Kickoff
J
Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers
No new clubs. As far as I know, new clubs are accepted for each fall season & not spring

Not saying you are wrong coach, but this is C&P from the CPL website:

Please email completed Spring 2019 Applications to CPL League Director: sean@carolinaspremierleague.com

That link has been active since August 2018. Either a poorly written, long-standing typo or a complete falsehood. If the application is for next year, than Fall, not Spring, should be indicated.

Agreed. Not sure what that’s about, but I can tell you that no new clubs were approved in the spring. I may be wrong on this, but we were told clubs start in the fall so that it doesn’t mess up the year schedule already set. Again, I could be wrong. I’m just a coach in a club so I don’t have too much info from the big folks lol

I wonder if the link for the Spring Application was for U13 and U14. Those age groups are now listed on the CPL schedule page which was not the case in the Fall.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: JenFal89
[quote=Shamrock Rovers][quote=SharksFutbol]No new clubs. As far as I know, new clubs are accepted for each fall season & not spring

I wonder if the link for the Spring Application was for U13 and U14. Those age groups are now listed on the CPL schedule page which was not the case in the Fall.

My understanding is that single teams/yrs can't apply to join, or qualify by play-in. You apply to the league as a club for all the age groups and once you are in you don't need to apply for additional years. Happy to hear otherwise if its not the case.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Im sure that is probably the case of individual teams not being able to join. I know part of reason the CPL was formed was to allow clubs to have tournament style weekends for all their teams.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Cainhoy Athletic can answer the questions about the application for clubs v years since he/his club are on the board.

SCYSA has festival weekends so that is not the reason for CsPL.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
The scysa came out with their festival weekends after the carolina premier league was formed. It wasnt announced before. It may not be the only reason, but clubs being in control of their own schedule certainly plays a big part of it.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
I agree that the clubs in CsPL may have wanted more control of many things, scheduling being one of them. And I know SCYSA can be very slow to respond to schedule requests. That said, if that were an important reason, it no longer exists.

Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard