Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
S
Brace
Brace
S
I think it’s possible to have a focus on player development & it still produce a result on the field. Not necessarily winning, but a product that you can see just how good a player is on a team and how said team can look good collectively, be well coached to know how to play fundamentally sound football, and still be able to develop individually. It’s a fine balance, but I don’t see it as an unachievable one. I know personally for my 2010 team, I’ve seen the player growth this season and, in turn, it’s translated to getting much better results in games than what we were getting initially

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Hey, did CBSC ever hear if they were playing in the Carolina premier league for the Spring?

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
I haven't heard about CPsL application. Not sure if application was for spring 19 or fall 19? I'll try to find out more and post.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
During the Fall mid season parent forum, parents were told the Battery applied to play in CPL in the spring.

There was an application link on the CPL for the spring despite the fact that the entire year had already been scheduled for the existing teams. Not sure why. Makes the application link seem disingenuous.

At the end of Fall season Battery forum, no mention of the CPL was made.

It appears status quo will remain given the SCYSA Coastal website and dates for CBSC Challenge Cup vs dates of CPL games in the spring.

I am sure if CBSC applies to the CPL next year (Fall 2019) they will be warmly received with open arms.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Did any new clubs join the CPL for the spring 2019? The website has had an application:

(https://www.carolinaspremierleague.com/uploads/8/6/0/1/86016910/cpl_application__spring_2019-1.docx)

Did any one apply?

S
Brace
Brace
S
No new clubs. As far as I know, new clubs are accepted for each fall season & not spring

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
The application is for spring 2019. The constant delays are meant to allow member clubs a supposed a marketing advantage over those who have been chosen to be omitted.

Let's hope in 2019 the folks involved in the member clubs and the organization behind it concern themselves less with the money they make from excluding children from their league and concern themselves more with the well being of children and their love of the sport.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: SharksFutbol
No new clubs. As far as I know, new clubs are accepted for each fall season & not spring

Not saying you are wrong coach, but this is C&P from the CPL website:

Please email completed Spring 2019 Applications to CPL League Director: sean@carolinaspremierleague.com

That link has been active since August 2018. Either a poorly written, long-standing typo or a complete falsehood. If the application is for next year, than Fall, not Spring, should be indicated.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
How did the Fall go for the non cpl teams? Were the games competitive?

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Hard to say. In our division, most games were, but the teams don’t play every one else. So while the teams are listed in one flight, they appear to be scheduled in way to maintain competitiveness.

The CBSC teams played each other, apparently 2x, but some those were not competitive, depending on who played who.

Honestly, the game schedule was the only drawback I saw going from SSC to CBSC. In every other meaningful way, CBSC has been an improvement. The CPL thing has been annoying, but it won’t stop CBSC from continuing into next year.

Now, if CBSC applies and is denied entry next year into CPL, then all bets are off. If they do enter, I do not see a drawback to being in CBSC with the possible exception of cost (which is totally fair depending on one’s circumstances).

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard