Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
I am not sure. Different parents have their own motivations. NASA is stronger right now and a couple of years ahead of where the Battery want to be.

Some parents may be turned off by cost, though it did not significantly change that much. Others, that lost the influence they once had may not like their newfound even playing field.

In the end, I think the kids will be about the same at the young end, but the older kids are (and have been) leaving in droves.

Once the Battery establishes the Development Academy team though, I think that will be a huge shift in their favor.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I agree,, looks like a spot on assessment. I did see many familiar faces from SSC at my U-littles tryout. I think the establishment of a DA will help draw some players. It may take a while though. I would assume they would get a DA at the u-12 age first. Not sure how long it will take to add the older ages. There struggle will be keeping the kids as they age out of the DA.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
I personally think this will be the 'down' year. Too many built in advantages. Tryouts in Mt. Pleasant were at least double Summerville.

Word of mouth will be the difference. If the experience is positive, more kids will come, if not, they won't.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Gps has a ton of talent at their younger tryouts. I knew this year was going to be a big year, but I was really really impressed. That being said, I’m sure some of the new kids are trying out at several clubs.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:
Tryouts in Mt. Pleasant were at least double Summerville.

That makes a lot of sense
At least four (4) times more players in East Cooper than Summerville according to SCYS #
Charleston Battery is on Daniel Island
At least 6 of their JA coaches had CASC coaching cards so probably shifting some jersey colors as I described earlier (all good)

At one point in past we were very close to starting up a branch in Moncks Corner to offer our low cost alternative but didn't as we couldn't get any local folks foolish enough to do what we do.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Had our team meeting tonight. I was impressed by the professionalism of the club. A lot of details being addressed, but the biggest takeaway I noticed was the support the club is providing to parents and the development opportunities for the coaches.

J
Bench
Bench
J
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
Gps has a ton of talent at their younger tryouts. I knew this year was going to be a big year, but I was really really impressed. That being said, I’m sure some of the new kids are trying out at several clubs.

GPS does a great job of recruiting players from non-affiliated clubs. I would think most would stick.

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Where are their younger teams going to end up playing (if anyone knows )? Tournaments and friendly weekends?

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Which clubs and what ages are you asking about?

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Originally Posted By: EastOak961
Where are their younger teams going to end up playing (if anyone knows )? Tournaments and friendly weekends?

Battery, u12 and below.

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard