Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
P
Southern Wesleyan University, in partnership with Daniel High School, will be hosting a preseason boys HS tournament, the first annual Winter Warriors Classic on February 16-18. It will be a SCHSL sanctioned event. This initial tournament will be 8 teams. It will be formatted with 2 groups of 4 teams, where each team will play each opponent in their group one time, so a guaranteed 3 games. The group winners will face off in a final championship game to determine the winner of the tournament.

I will ensure that no region opponents face each other in group play, and will also take into consideration each teams regular season schedule to try and allow as many unique opponents for each team as possible. The games will be played on both of Southern Wesleyan’s premier fields and there will be concessions available for parents/players/coaches as well. The tournament entry fee is $300 and there will also be tournament shirts available for $10 each (encouraged but not required). We will send out an official tournament flyer that will include the design of the shirt prior to the tournament.

In order to ensure that no region opponents are faced in group play, I will only be able to accept 2 teams max per region, so if you want a spot, let me know asap! If you have any questions/concerns please do not hesitate to let me know, I’d be happy to answer. At the end of the day, this tournament is about giving teams the opportunity to grow as a team and get in good game fitness as we prepare for our seasons. Playing the games at Southern Wesleyan means that your boys will get to do that on what will be some of the best fields that they get to play on all season! It will also be a chance for those that are interested in playing at the next level to get exposure.

To reserve your spot, please email me, Phillip Boyer, at pboyer@clemson.edu.

C
Bench
Bench
C
Hello, my name is Tremaine Shivers, the new head coach at Swansea High School. I would love to possibly enter this tournament if their is still space available!

P
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
P
Coaches, we are still in need of ONE more team to complete our field of 8 for the 2018 Winter Warriors Classic. The 7 teams committed right now are:

Daniel
Easley
Pendleton
Pickens
Powdersville
Travelers Rest
Walhalla

In order to complete our field of 8, we are offering the last spot for only $100. If you are not already committed to playing in a preseason tournament, we would love to have your team participate! If you have any questions on details please reach out to me, Phillip Boyer, at pboyer@clemson.edu. Thanks!

P
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
P
A HUGE thank you to Coach Karl and Berea HS for rounding out our field of 8 for the 1st annual 2018 Winter Warrior Classic!

Link Copied to Clipboard