Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#174164 02/10/18 04:19 AM
C
Coach
OP Offline
Coach
C
Ok, I may need help with this. I've deleted both boys and girls scrimmages Berkeley vs. Northwood Academy at least half a dozen times. Someone keeps posting them back. Now someone has re-posted the game tonight and added the score, and MaxPreps says the game can no longer be deleted because stats have been entered. How can I get this scrimmage off our record?

I've got good news and bad news...
World Cup
World Cup
I have alerted MaxPreps. If you know who the Northwood Academy coach is please inform him of SCSoccer.com and to follow the lead set by the S.C. High School Soccer Coaches Association.

Brace
Brace
MaxPreps seems to be too open of a format. Teams should be limited to 2-3 people who are authorized to edit games, schedules and add scores-- head coach, assistant coach and maybe team manager.

It would also be helpful (and seemingly easy to do) to add "scrimmage" as one of the options in the drop down box. There's already tournament, conference, non-conference and playoff as options.

Dr. Jason Hamil
Head Boys Soccer Coach
Academic Magnet High School
Goal
Goal
Just take me back to the old euro scoreboard. Miss the ease of it

S
Brace
Brace
S
I did like the way the old ES allowed you to put in scrimmages and not show up on your records.......

But I'm a huge fan of MaxPreps and it's way better than ES lol.

I think a lot of these schools that are inputting these scrimmages don't have any idea that they aren't supposed to be on there. I like what Jason suggested about limiting who can input what. Maybe email the ADs to notify their coaches about these scrimmages?

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
C
Brace
Brace
C
I like to see scrimmage scores , I like to see preseason schedule. Maxpreps needs to change or add this feature. I went to calendar added my games to the calender, all of them showed up on schedule. What up with that?!

World Cup
World Cup
Thanks for the feedback - all of this is seen by MaxPreps.

Simply put, for now, all games on the schedule count towards a team's record. That is why it's important to exclude these contests (scrimmages, jamborees, exhibitions, etc.).

MaxPreps is aware of the need to include these types of games in the future, but it is going to require a major rewrite of their software architecture. However, it is on their list of "wants" and they have proven with their last several revisions that they will achieve that goal down the road. For now, let's be patient and adhere to the policies set forth.

Thanks for your cooperation - the feedback is instrumental!

C
Kickoff
Kickoff
C
How do I remove a match that another coach has put stats in for? Two matches from our preseason tournament just showed up on my MaxPreps page!

C
Brace
Brace
C
Pre season Tournaments count as matches on your record.

World Cup
World Cup
Originally Posted By: Coach CK
How do I remove a match that another coach has put stats in for? Two matches from our preseason tournament just showed up on my MaxPreps page!

Below is a chart for which matches count on a schedule or not:

COUNT
Regular Season
Tournaments
Playoffs

DO NOT COUNT
Scrimmages/Exhibitions
Jamborees

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard