Page 2 of 2 1 2
#17427 04/24/04 10:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually think SA is a more complete team this year. Losing Joey hurt their offense a good bit, but I think they picked up a few guys that are an upgrade from the guys they lost last year. I tend to like our chances against them as well, but if we play like we did for the majority of the second half of the first meeting against them, then SA's probably got the upper hand. Our guys seem to play up and down to the competition. I'm more worried about the game against NA than the game against South Aiken.

Back to Lexington, I see what you Lexington fans are talking about in regards to having no one up top that can finish. Your forwards make some nice runs, but it seems like they panic a little when they get the ball(which led to only three shots on goal for Lexington). Lexington's got potential, but there's gonna be plenty of tough defenses in the playoffs. Maybe none as solid as Aiken's, but good defenses nonetheless. I could see them winning a couple, though.

#17428 04/25/04 03:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Broome 2
York 0

This was an intense game, with some horrid refs... They were handing out cards like they were flyers to a party... 2 reds, and at least 10 yellows, both reds were double yellows, so does that mean they sit out the next game??

#17429 04/26/04 04:24 AM
P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Its hard for the Lexington forwards to finish when they cant get any shots off. They have two talented forwards but they just arent getting the chances to score very often. If lexington starts to find the back of the net they could when a couple playoff games i think.

#17430 04/25/04 06:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
double yellow equals red... isn't it 2 games this year?

#17431 04/25/04 09:02 PM
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Sorry Pappy15, but I disagree with your discription of your forwards. I don't want to bad mouth them or anything cause I know them and they are good guys and all, but if they were really "two talented forwards", they would get the shots off. Whose fault is it that they can't get the shots off? Are you telling me everyone that you have lost to has a better defense that Lexington? I don't think so. I say they all have better offense. You're right though, if you guys can find a way to score you will win some games in the playoffs that's for sure.

#17432 04/26/04 03:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am not completely sure but i am thinking that a soft red (double yellow) only means the player cant finish that game... but can play in the next.... others correct me if i am wrong please... thanks.

#17433 04/26/04 06:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LowCountry Score:

Hilton Head 2, Beaufort 0

One score per half, solid performance from HH!

#17434 04/28/04 04:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a double yellow means that the player has to come out but can be substituted in for at the next opportunity and cannot play the next game. this year a straight red card means the team has to play a man down and that player is suspended for the next two games.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard