Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Well stated.... it was created for that reason. I don’t have a bit of inside information, so I do t know why certain clubs were left out. I would imagine that since Cbsc was brand new and had yet to play a game when the league was created might have played a part. Honestly have no idea. I’m very excited about it. The old system did not work for families with multiple players. I could have one child playing in Myrtle beach and another playing near Beaufort..... absolutely made no sense.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I think the Boston chap you are hearing about is Sean Carey
I believe he lives in Massachusetts.

He is the League Director as included in the original announcement from US Club.

http://usclubsoccer.org/2018/04/25/fourt...yer-development

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Well, if he can bring the CPL into the level that the NEP League is, it will be great for the local area.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
There goes the local leadership point. And another rumor proven true.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Or i guess it was always a fact. Just not consistent with "local leadership". Is he a GPS guy like everybody else?

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
On a separate note, it looks as though USAMP, either this year or next, will be looking at an increase in costs as the subsidization of the club by the town of Mt P will come to an end with their current contract on July 31 or a year from now if they get an extension for a year. That will make the most expensive Charleston area club raise costs to parents unless they shed some salaries/expenses.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Or i guess it was always a fact. Just not consistent with "local leadership". Is he a GPS guy like everybody else?

According to google he a board member of the NEP, so probably affiliated with the NPL leadership team which is headquartered in Charleston. Not sure he’s a gps guy. As for usamp, they’ve merged with Tormenta and provide the highest level of play in the area with NPL and most likely either ECNL or enpl soon. I think they will be fine without subsidation. They could take scufc’s ECNL spots for the older groups as they’ve been losing kids left and right and their performance shows that.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Savannah is most certainly not "in the area"

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
My comment about him being another GPS person was just poking fun at the successful franchising efforts of GPS. Didn't come off that way. My bad. They have a solid, consistent product that sells well.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
My comment about him being another GPS person was just poking fun at the successful franchising efforts of GPS. Didn't come off that way. My bad. They have a solid, consistent product that sells well.

Where did you see that he’s affiliated with GPS? I see he’s with NEP but didn’t see the GPS connection. As for the Savannah team, they joined USAMP’s NPL teams, not the other way around. They had a few solid teams but not in premier or even NPL.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard