Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#174862 - 05/05/18 10:35 AM Re: Coastal League Rumor [Re: Shamrock Rovers]
Shamrock Rovers Online   content
Throw In

Summerville soccer club is located between Pinewood and Cathedral. GPS geographically reached further into Summerville. How can you say otherwise?

Why not try to expand into the more underserved West Ashley or Goose creek area? It is not like Pinewood Prep is a premier training ground with a ton useable field space or parking.

In essence, what is the rationale for this move? For convenience of the status quo OR to expand the current drawing base of the club. If it is the second, name any other club that is close to impacted by this as the Battery/SSC.

Why else expand to that location? Some clubs have been critical of this move by the Battery. Why?

#174863 - 05/05/18 10:45 AM Re: Coastal League Rumor [Re: Shamrock Rovers]
mysonsdad Online   content
Throw In

Gps has been using Dubose Middle for training for 3 years. It is about 1/4 a mile away. While not announced, they have had teams training in knightsville well before the battery formed a club.As to why they added Pinewood,,I have no idea other than access to field and gym space. It had to be mutually beneficial for both parties. GPS is the only club in the area that dedicates one of its training nights for futsal. This gives them 2 indoor spaces to continue that training.

#174864 - 05/05/18 10:54 AM Re: Coastal League Rumor [Re: Shamrock Rovers]
Throw In

Good to know. I was unaware and I have a son at Dubose

#174866 - 05/05/18 11:20 AM Re: Coastal League Rumor [Re: Shamrock Rovers]
Throw In

small world... If you have one at Dubose, you need to check out the dark side for sure--- it will be a quicker from knightsville to pinwood/northwoods/cathedral than Shipyard park for sure....lol

#174882 - 05/07/18 02:01 PM Re: Coastal League Rumor [Re: Shamrock Rovers]
Throw In

CESA is out too now:

The inaugural season of the Southeastern Clubs Champions League (SCCL) begins this fall, spurred by the collaboration of eight clubs in Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina. Each of these clubs will field one team per gender per age group in 12-U through 19-U divisions.

Birmingham United SA (Ala.)
Carolina Elite Soccer Academy (S.C.)
Concorde Fire (Ga.)
Gwinnett Soccer Academy (Ga.)
NASA TopHat (Ga.)
Southern Soccer Academy (Ga.)
United Futbol Academy (Ga.)
Vestavia Hills SC (Ala.)

#174885 - 05/07/18 06:03 PM Re: Coastal League Rumor [Re: Shamrock Rovers]
Throw In

Heard that last week. On a different note, I did receive 2 emails that sort of details some of the improvements that scysa is planning on making. I wonder if those changes would have occured if all the teams wouldnít have pulled out.

#174886 - 05/07/18 06:10 PM Re: Coastal League Rumor [Re: Shamrock Rovers]
Throw In

What sort of improvements? Too little too late?

#174887 - 05/07/18 06:28 PM Re: Coastal League Rumor [Re: Shamrock Rovers]
SharksFutbol Online   content
Goal

Loc: Bluffton, SC
Isnít that league CESA is in for the older teams & itíd only be one team per age group? CESA has a ton of teams in each age group so Iím sure that means that their top teams wonít be in the RPL anymore.

It does have to raise some concern though for the state leagues that so many prominent clubs are going US Club

#174888 - 05/07/18 07:31 PM Re: Coastal League Rumor [Re: Shamrock Rovers]
Throw In

I was a little confused by the second email... it said "we will provide a site visit for observation by one of our State Technical Instructors to assist coaches, parents and players on what is expected for player development but how to improve and innovate an existing Club model/Program".....

I read it about 5 times, that portion that "player development but how to improve" doesn't flow correctly. It almost like they accidentally combined 2 sentences, and deleted a few words ?????

The first email basically said they were doing single day events. It sounds like the entire club teams would be at 1 or 2 locations at a time. and that "ability to plan your fall season without interruption once the schedule is posted. No more last minute game time changes, location changes or referee issues. Get more of you time on and off the field".

I give them an A for effort, but they could have addressed these issues years ago. It shouldn't have taken all the best clubs pulling out to cause this.

#174939 - 05/11/18 02:11 PM Re: Coastal League Rumor [Re: Shamrock Rovers]
Cainhoy Athletic Offline

Corner Kick

Loc: Cainhoy, SC
"Summerville soccer club is located between Pinewood and Cathedral. GPS geographically reached further into Summerville. How can you say otherwise?

Why not try to expand into the more underserved West Ashley or Goose creek area? "

I think they just did grin

Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >