Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
C
I typed a long, wordy response that would have made an English teacher, like Coach Chass, proud. And, then, my computer crashed.

Suffice it to say, there is a beautiful ying/yang relationship between the high school and club systems. When you coach both, it is beautiful to see how each one nourishes the other. I agree, that for the few kids who can get into a professional club or the top 1% who could become national team players, high school may not be for them. But There is an almost perfect cycle between the two seasons that develops and encourages kids to play year-round.

C
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
C
Originally Posted By: Coach Chass
In my experience, there is little to be gained by setting two potentially positive influences at odds with one another; for every benefit there is a cost, which may or may not be greater than the gain.

If the USWNT has reached the top level of world competition using the current formula--which may or may not work better for female athletes than for males--then what is the potential gain that is worth the risk of cost?

Thank goodness Title IX ensures that our WNT can have the same mediocre results that out MNT has

Goal
Goal
Originally Posted By: coachsloan
I typed a long, wordy response that would have made an English teacher, like Coach Chass, proud. And, then, my computer crashed.

Don't you love when that happens??

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard