Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I agree, I don’t know how much sense it makes for them, but there must have been some reason at least initially! I do like the idea of scysa having a little competition. I think it will make them step their game up. I think it will impact ODP as well... I know some of the bigger clubs have typically not pushed it, so the talent is up and down. But now the state will not be able to block off odp weekends... this will have some ramification on who is able to try out and train.

S
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
S
Yes, maybe someone who knows more can chime in. US Club has some heavy hitters at the attached to it from a soccer stand point on its board of directors and Kevin Payne is well known as well.

OTH, SCYSA is a state association with a seat at the USSF, along with all the other state associations. If US club is seen as a threat to the state associations, things could get hairy.

The state associations have a vested interest in growing the game at all levels. If US club prevents some clubs from submitting teams because they "aren't big enough" or some other reason, then I believe that will not be seen in a positive light overall and instead as an organization designed to benefit the "elite"

S
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
S

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Good information for sure... I still wonder what the scysa is going to do. If you look at state final 4 for u-13 and u-14... 6 of the final 8 will be playing in the new US club league..... the only 2 the aren’t are the Cesa teams, who I think play in a similiar league out of Atlanta... so essentially none of the final 8 will be playing with scysa anyway.... However you look at it,,, that’s a big statement. There has to be some reason all these clubs have pulllednout ..

Have they said what level the Battery teams will be playing? I saw the fees today, I was suprised they were so high.

S
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
S
To the first point, it appears their are a few organizations that have good intentions competing with each other. However, there is a lot of money involved.

The Battery fees are high, but there are no team fees. The Battery are limiting teams to 2 tournaments a season, one of which is to be local. I think when it is all said and done, the cost will be comparable.

The fact that every kid will train with the same ball, be dressed the same, head to toe, that coaches will have monthly professional development sessions and the club will have a unified curriculum from top to bottom is appealing (some other clubs also offer that as well, I am sure).

Season tickets to Battery games for the kids is also included. I think the Battery will offer advantages over the long haul.

As for the league, as of Monday, I don't think a decision has been made.

S
Brace
Brace
S
As far as the SCYSA is concerned, you're looking at majority of traditionally strong clubs being ineligible for the challenge league since so many are doing US Club now. How will that help in providing top level competition for the best teams in that age group when the top USA, SCUFC, etc. teams are either playing PMSL or do something on their own to counter the challenge league mandate for U13 next season?

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
S
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
S
This is the list of all the member clubs US Club Soccer on the bottom (I think this if right):

PIEDMONT DISTRICT (Greenville, Spartanburg, Furman, Clemson area)
Spartanburg United Soccer Academy
Bethlehem Ridge Soccer Club
Carolina Elite Soccer Academy
Carolina Futbol Academy
CESA Development League
Clemson Anderson Soccer Alliance
Cobra Soccer Club of the Upstate
Easley Soccer Club
Greenville Legends
Greenville United
Furman United Soccer Club
Foothills Soccer Club of Greer
International Elite Soccer Academy
Lakeland Toros
Tiger Soccer Club
Tuzos South Carolina
Upstate United Soccer Club

MIDSTATE DISTRICT (Columbia, Lexington, Sumter,Aiken, Rock Hill area)
Aiken Futbol Club
Barnwell SC
Clover Parks and Recreation
Congaree Rapid FC
Florence Soccer Association
Hampton-Varnville Soccer Club
Lexington County Girls Soccer Association
Lexington Recreation League
North Augusta United
Charlotte United Palmetto FC
Revolution United FC
Sandhills United Soccer Club
Sumter Soccer Club
Technical Soccer Club

COASTAL DISTRICT (Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head area)
Beach United Football Club
Beaufort County FC
Charleston City FC
Charleston United Soccer Club
Claire Chapin Epps Family YMCA
Ebony City Soccer Club
Goose Creek United (Now Renegades)
Lower Coastal Sports Academy
Mt. Pleasant Soccer Club
OSSOC
Summerville Soccer Club (Charleston Battery)
Walterboro Soccer Club

US Club Soccer:
Discoveries Soccer Club
GPS Lexington
Carolina Football Club
South Carolina Bulls Soccer Club
South Carolina United FC
Cainhoy Athletic Soccer Club
Coast FA
Daniel Island Soccer Academy
GPS Coastal
GPS-NASA
USA - Mt. Pleasant
Tormenta FC/Storm SA
James Island Youth Soccer Club

S
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
S
If this list is accurate, then I see little advantage for Carolina FC (from the upstate). Midstate still seems healthy.

Coastal gets hammered though. Beach United is even more isolated. Most of the remaining Charleston clubs do not field teams in every age group.

S
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
S
https://www.gpsnasa.com/news_article/show/914782?referrer_id=2412935

Pinewood Prep also has been notorious in the past about their field usage being usurped by school events. The parents there that don't have a kid at GPS won't give a crap about telling them to beat it and for most parents there the money won't matter.

It's definitely a direct shot at the Battery but also a must for them because they are limited in growth due to lack of facilities. Derek talked about the facilities as the main reason they approached SSC. The Battery doesn't have to share or plan around anyone else.

GPS will be little brother to Stall HS, Cathedral and Pinewood. Their problem is similar to several other lowcountry clubs where land is a premium. In this regard, the Battery have a big advantage if leveraged correctly.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
How in the world can GPS using Pinewood be considered a direct shot at the Battery? Its about 20 miles away?

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard