Print Thread
#17485 04/26/04 03:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like yall lost to another team from Aiken...who is the idiot that missed the pk or the idiot that put 1-1 on the scoreboard, i herd that made caulder pretty mad....yall got lucky taking us(SA) to pk's...we rule you..so does all of aiken

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
I wouldn't say losing 1-0 in the first game and then losing in PK's in the second game amounts to "we rule you". No doubt about it both Aiken teams have a better offense then Lexington. As for SA, I still think you guys were better last year and I'm picking Aiken to "rule you" this year. If you don't play better than you did at Lexington the last time, you won't get past the second round of playoffs. Good luck though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea, the idiot who changed the scoreboard to 1-1 def. made Caulder mad and it showed when he made the diving save.. no.. wait, the ball was kicked right to him.. "yall got lucky taking us(SA) to pk's".. Well, maybe we did, but regardless S. Aiken scored one goal on Lexington's defense in 170 minutes (2 games). And I remember Lexington being up in pk's until S. Aiken's last two men. My hats off to S. Aiken and their "lucky" win in pk's 5-4 over unranked Lexington.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems S. Aiken is slated to play TL Hanna in the first round of the playoffs. Any thoughts on that? S. Aiken seems to have a very strong defense but has rarely racked up a high score. Hanna is not as consistent but generally has a strong defense and does not put a ton of points on the board. Looks like it will be a good defensive battle with a lone goal possibly being the difference. What do you think DMB or sokerfan?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how did you find that out? and what other match ups are possible?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Region 1 and Region 4 are matched up in the first round. Since Hillcrest can't play in the playoffs, it should look like this:

Aiken vs. Easley
South Aiken vs. T.L. Hannah
North Augusta at Mauldin
Lexington at Greenwood

I don't feel like looking into it, but I know Aiken should host either Spring Valley or Ridge View in the second round, since neither Spartanburg nor Byrnes can beat those two teams.

And 24, I think you'll be surprised if you go into the SA game expecting it to be a defensive battle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that's if we beat either NA or SA tonight and Thursday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they got in a fight in a playoff loss last season. That could be inaccurate, but I'm positive they can't play in the postseason this year. One of Greenwood's players told me the same.

With our win tonight, I'm 95% sure that that's how the first round will look for both regions.

Link Copied to Clipboard