Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
I saw a tweet from CASC directing u8-u12 players not to register for SCYSA. CPL only.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
We are registering our Junior Academy players with US Club Soccer for participation in the CPL. This is our default starting position and our club fees now include league entry costs supporting that decision.

Having said that we will offer any JA team or player dual registration options if required for other sanctioned activities (ODP, etc.) or leagues.

We are registering our older teams with SCYS for SCYS managed competition (SCSCL, PMSL, OPEN)

Our micro program will consider all our options at such time we open registration for that popular program in August.

We will provide this new league an opportunity to provide our U8-U12 teams with quality, fair competition with local leadership and evaluate the experience.

As to transparency, we announced this on our website early, again to our coaches/managers before that public announcement and supplied a FAQ style document to our registered coaches and listed assistants and managers prior to evaluations. This FAQ included our reasoning for the decision, which in our case mainly falls to club/team mass and opportunity to have local ownership

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Thank you for the additional information. My children played in the micro league and it was a great experience, much better than our experience with MPRD.

Couple questions:

Is swapping out some local teams for Columbia teams the increase in quality?

Does fair competition mean that you don't think competing with CBSC is fair to you?

Is there anybody within the leadership of CPL from GPS in Boston?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Sorry, probably should qualify a few comments.

First off you have to appreciate that CPL will offer local and regional competition. This is why you are seeing mass of local clubs plus some Statewide participation.

Different ages have different options.
Of course the rub comes with mass and ability to provide enough teams to complete a viable bracket. My insight suggests that CPL will have that mass and a good vehicle for competitive youth soccer.

The quality comment was merely about providing a balanced bracket in all or most age brackets, not necessarily stating the quality of clubs/teams in an age bracket (U10 girls for example) would be vastly different than Coastal

This also speaks to my fair comment. All I was clumsily trying to say is that we expect to have leverage, input, control and influence to ensure that divisions are made of like skilled teams, and if we see a lot of lopsided scores, we will adjust quickly based on local dialog and open communication between the clubs

Honestly CBSC has no part in my post and I have no idea what level their teams will be at come September. I am sure we will see some of theirs at PMSL/SCSCL and suspect we'll win some and lose some. Like we do with any other club.

I'd rather not talk about other organizations business (CBSC, GPS, CPL, etc) . But as you know, will usually post and comment about things we control (CASC) and have an ability (authority) to share in public (not everything).

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D

Is there anybody within the leadership of CPL from GPS in Boston?

This seems like a very specific question and completely random for the topic at hand. What difference would it make if a parent organization had a role in a governing body? I don’t have a dog in this fight but there seems to be a huge battle being waged between US Club soccer and US Youth soccer. It started with Youth soccer claiming a BS pyramid saying DA and National league/Regional Premier over ECNL and NPL (US Club) in terms of level of play. The reality is that most states and clubs levels of play are all over the place! The big battle in GA involves many clubs leaving R3PL in favor of NPL as there are more games. It sounds like several clubs here in S.C. have also left the new Piedmont Conference for the NPL but that’s just rumor as of now. I’d bet that the CPL will have a new version of the Challenge league soon that will be similar to GA and SCs Southeastern Clubs Champions League which would feed or play their way into NPL and ECNL. But that’s just my opinion.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Cainhoy Athletic said one the rationales for the new league was that it was "local leadership". Boston is not real local and on point with their rationale. Feels like we were just here with LCYSA... Same guys in charge fighting for a seat at the table in the local turf war.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Cainhoy Athletic said one the rationales for the new league was that it was "local leadership". Boston is not real local and on point with their rationale. Feels like we were just here with LCYSA... Same guys in charge fighting for a seat at the table in the local turf war.

Just curious where the Boston part came from. That wasn’t mentioned anywhere in this thread until now. AFAIK GPS here is managed by GPS Carolina. I would assume local leadership means them unless you’ve heard differently

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
A rumor i heard. I would assume local leadership means a local club too. Is there an org chart for the league yet?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Rumors, tweets, phantom emails, misleading Power points, Chinese whispers,,heck of a soccer conspiracy..... lol

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
This entire thread was started to discuss a rumor in 2 parts: 1) that some clubs were starting their own league and 2) that they were trying to isolate CBSC.

The clubs did. And the clubs did.

Not sure what your phantom emails and Power Points are but he tweet was real too, right?

What's the conspiracy?

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard