Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Or i guess it was always a fact. Just not consistent with "local leadership". Is he a GPS guy like everybody else?

And we are reaching......again

S
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
S
I was unaware that USA/MP was subsidized by the township. I know the town owns the fields at Patriots Pt and the Carolina Park complex out by the airport. Does USA/MP lease any of those fields or pay a usage fee? Is the competition for their use?

MPRD is an affordable alternative that still plans to play in the Coastal league. I have no idea what their numbers look like.

I assume USA/MP will be fine, but Cainhoy Athletic seems like a good alternative if the cost goes up significantly. MPRD is much less expensive, but like I said, I don't know much about it.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
You quoted me saying he wasn't GPS.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Or i guess it was always a fact. Just not consistent with "local leadership". Is he a GPS guy like everybody else?

And we are reaching......again

Reaching for what? The director is in Boston. That is not local.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Nope,,,, I quoted you asking “is he a Gps Guy like everyone else?” If he is from Boston, surely he must be.... 🙄🙄🤦🏻‍♂️ Look,,, Make a club,,,just do it the right way, I’m sure CBSC will do just fine in the long run,,,, they will win and lose some,,,but the easy way out,,, if you aren’t that successful initially is to blame other clubs!!! I didn’t see a single post on here from SCUMP,,(back then),, or any other local club,,, when Gps came to Charleston and started having a little success.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Clearly my eye roll emojis don’t post on scsoccer well

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers
I was unaware that USA/MP was subsidized by the township. I know the town owns the fields at Patriots Pt and the Carolina Park complex out by the airport. Does USA/MP lease any of those fields or pay a usage fee? Is the competition for their use?

MPRD is an affordable alternative that still plans to play in the Coastal league. I have no idea what their numbers look like.

I assume USA/MP will be fine, but Cainhoy Athletic seems like a good alternative if the cost goes up significantly. MPRD is much less expensive, but like I said, I don't know much about it.

I thunk you might understand the effects of this. Mount Pleasant Soccer Club booster org(the backer to all the various travel soccer club names) has been subsidized since 98 but this is about the contract they had with town of mt p while they were known as SCUMP. It was signed in 2011. It said they get sweetheart deals on field fees and maybe first dibs on access. That will be shared without prejudice now by all other MPRD orgs, including MPRD soccer and a growing LAX demand. And the prior contract said that MPRD can't have teams over u14 which is ending. That means another low cost option that will likely draw back Cainhoy kids and coaches that were looking for less costly options in addition to taking fields away from USAMP.

In the meeting minutes for the town, Matt Job, one of the Mount Pleasant Soccer Club booster executives suggests to the MPRD heads that they won't be able to even survive if they have to support the costs of the Awendaw land purchase and improvements as well as increased cost of fields.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
Nope,,,, I quoted you asking “is he a Gps Guy like everyone else?” If he is from Boston, surely he must be.... 🙄🙄🤦🏻‍♂️ Look,,, Make a club,,,just do it the right way, I’m sure CBSC will do just fine in the long run,,,, they will win and lose some,,,but the easy way out,,, if you aren’t that successful initially is to blame other clubs!!! I didn’t see a single post on here from SCUMP,,(back then),, or any other local club,,, when Gps came to Charleston and started having a little success.

Ok

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Links for those Town of MP meetings here-

https://www.tompsc.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Minutes/_05022018-253

https://www.tompsc.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Minutes/_05012018-251

Interesting reading for sure. Does anyone have the GPS or address of where they are building the USAMP complex?

The last time I was out at the Patriot's Point fields they were pretty shabby at best. They are going to be wrecked once the stampede of sports/teams/clubs gets access to them this fall. Seems like there is a massive amount of pent up demand for field space in MP.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
I thought the land was in Awendaw, but in the minutes USAMP seem to suggest MPRD might be able to use the fields if necessary, which couldn't happen if not in Mount Pleasant.

Also wondering how the Town of Mt P will treat use of fields by Cainhoy if MPRD was providing a similar service (rec/travel soccer).

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard