Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
And by that, I mean they will be treated as equal to all other groups requesting fields.

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
And by that, I mean they will be treated as equal to all other groups requesting fields.

The meeting minutes suggest that the council is leaving it in the hands of the Rec Department to figure out fair access for all, etc.

Awendaw seems to be the new complex location, I'm sure they suggested other groups could use the new facility to be fair.

U
Bench
Bench
U
6 Feb 2017 minutes indicate that USAMP contract ended May 2018.
Is there a hand shake deal? are they operating without a contract?

"The Committee returned from executive session at 2:28 p.m.
Mr. Gawrych made a motion to
recommend to Council to
direct legal staff
to move forward in accordance with the existing contract with the United
Soccer Academy Mount Pleasant (USAMP) and begin the process to
terminate that contract with the understanding that the Town will have a
one year extension until May
2018 with the same terms. Mr. Haynie
seconded the motion. Mr. Haynie said all the attributes of the existing
contract will carry forward in that extension period. All were in favor"

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
I believe the final decision was to have it end July 31 due to summer Regionals

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Holy crap - out for a few days at a wedding and this thing blows up in all sorts of directions. Seeing our name above and certainly party to the new (MPRD) field negotiations I have to hopefully help settle a few things.

I'll respond with my thoughts on MPRD and its 'developmental' offering in the other thread (really don't see a conflict here), but right now I will address field situation and where we stand. We (CASC) are working together with USA/MP, MPRD and several other parties to gain some access to some of MPRD fields that we have requested for several years without movement. Some of you will recall the legal action we filed (and lost) in this regard (circa 2015-16), and at this point in time, we are working very closely with MPRD and council to seek growth opportunity for our club in support of our mission to provide quality, affordable soccer to any that want it.

But this is not a net zero gain in as much as we are working with MPRD to leverage otherwise idle land and provide more opportunities for soccer in East Cooper (rather than just take or grab USA/MP sites). As a participant in some of these council meetings and subsequent dialog with MPRD (and USA/MP) I feel confident that the outcome here in short and long term will not hurt soccer and confident USA/MP and Cainhoy Atheltic will continue serving their markets utilizing public and private land (and any land classified any other way we can get our hands on).

I believe the USA/MP site is in Awendaw just past the Sewee Outpost on the left off highway 17N about 5 or 6 minutes past Carolina Park. Our own Awendaw site at Seweebay (we share with Oceanside) is about 4 minutes farther so we know this area well. Not bad for north MP residents but a long haul for anyone living anywhere else. I think I mentioned somewhere earlier, my assesment on a site in Awendaw would fall directly in line with my thoughts on the SSC complex, "not bad for weekend games but less desirable for weekday training in traffic over bridges, and poor option for youngest kids who prefer local community sites.'

Back to local leadership comment (not sure if it was me that started that banter) for CPL and as way of clarifying my feelings on that and support for it. Sean is league director and will manage schedules, etc. as a paid contractor and I have no objection if he lived in Timbuktoo as long as he knows his stuff, can offer exprienced guidance, leverage relationships with other leagues for growth, has a computer, internet, and (picks up) a cell phone. What I was referring to was the ability of clubs to self manage and work between ourselves directly to enter teams, adjust divisions and establish blackout dates (or rather lack of them) to offer local influence and member direction to a full and healthy schedule that will offer input and edits by member club leadership (to Sean) and an open dialog between all the participating clubs at any point through the coming year. I can only offer my observations but already I have been party to 3 or 4 (CPL) meetings ahead of schedules which represents 3 or 4 more than I have seen in the last 6 or 7 years so optimistic this league will work well.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Paragraph 1: Welcome back
Para 2: Mount Pleasant now has affordable soccer programs.
Para 3: Agreed. Soccer overall will benefit from the competition between clubs for players: best value will win(cost/quality/location).
Para 4: Agreed USA/Awendaw and Seewee Bay games will discourage participation among most folks south of Longpoint road.
Para 5: what adjustments will clubs possibly make midseason to adjust divisions? Did SYCSA not allow for changes to leagues between seasons? I don't understand what will change but now the approver is in Boston instead of Columbia.

Additionally, bailing from Coastal to freeze out the kids like MPRD travel teams probably won't sit well with MPRD.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Bailing from Coastal is not how I view our decision, and certainly wasn't made to freeze out MPRD or anyone else. We made a decision to join a new league with the majority of our peer clubs in the lowcountry based on a promise of something new and exciting that will offer mass and balanced games for our Junior Academy.

I discussed with the MPRD leadership (Athletic Dir and staff) the decision we were making and suggested they consider their next steps early. We have a good relationship with MPRD and its leadership and probably better than most here would imagine. I'm hoping (and trust) that will not change as we move forward.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Cainhoy, USAMP and DISA are hosting a joint combine to help any players who have not joined a club yet. I really like this idea of the clubs working together to help the kids. I don't have a dog in this fight, but Kudos to them for doing it. Hopefully as the CPL gets going, there will be more joint sessions. I love a good rivalry, but they can do alot better for the kids and families by working together.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Wonder how their future revenues are looking due to lost players to MPRD. Looking at financials, it looks like USAMP field fees skyrocketed due to removal of subsidies. Field fees paid to MPRD are now ~$55,000 for 2018-19 season.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
Cainhoy, USAMP and DISA are hosting a joint combine to help any players who have not joined a club yet...

Thanks for the Plug. A few more clubs joining us now for the event designed just to help accommodate as many as we can and fill any gaps where they exist. Behind the scenes, this typically happens anyway over summer months but this year we just decided to host an event to improve effectiveness and facilitate better comms.

DETAILS: 2018 Summer Combine

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard