Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Special Event this weekend to help any players still without a team to find a roster spot on one of Charleston area's club teams.

Where: Trident Academy
When: Sunday July 22 at 5.00 pm

Walk-up, no fee, register in person on site

DETAILS: Player Combine flier

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Any reason why some of the other clubs (MPRD, CCSC, CBSC, Renegades for example) didn't want to participate? Seems like a good opportunity for their exposure is being missed.

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
No reason other than lack of dialog.
Originally this started with DISA and CASC talking and quickly grew to include USA, and then others.

Just this morning and invite was extended to MPRD as part of a separate dialog I was having with them

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
It was said on this forum earlier that cbsc quadrupled their tryout numbers,,, they probably don’t have any room. I know CCSC typically builds through their futsal school and I don’t know if that makes sense geographically for the renegades, but it definitely makes sense for mprd. Either way, great idea of working together to promote the game !

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
The aim of MPRD soccer is to provide affordable soccer services to Mount Pleasant residents of all ages and skills. As such CASC, a Berkeley county organization, is in direct competition for support of the same services. Now that the only reason for offering their services to Mt P residents (as identified by lawsuit and reiterated by CASC president) is gone, it would seem that the CASC organization should focus its support on those for those whom it was founded in Berkeley County. I hope the Mt Pleasant residents that do so much great work supporting CASC as coaches and managers will offer those same services to the MPRD.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I don’t think I follow your logic..... CBSC is based in Berkeley County,,, should they only focus only those kids as well??? I don’t understand how a thread mentioning a group of clubs that have gotten together to offer a combine, has anything to do with the MPRD soccer program or any lawsuit However, It was mentioned that they were invited as well.

I also don’t understand how you can find fault in Cainhoys mission. I thought in an earlier post you said your own kids had a good experience when they played there as little ones???. I don’t know a single person involed in the Cainhoy organization..... not one. But I have always respected what they have tried to do. Clearly there has been a market for the low cost alternative that they provide, whether that child live in Berkeley County or Mt. pleasant.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
I didn't mention CBSC. That said, I don't think CBSC mission is to provide affordable soccer to Mt P residents. CBSC also has never stated that providing affordable soccer to Mt P residents was the reason they should get use of fields owned by Town of Mt P. CASC sued MT P and USAMP in a frivolous lawsuit over field use that cost taxpayer money. That still irks some mt p taxpayers.

I did have a good experience with CASC. They offered soccer for younger kids than MPRD. The fields were too far away and/or not good so we moved to MPRD and USAMP.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I get what you are saying,,, but what does any of this have to do with this thread about a combine?

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
I get what you are saying,,, but what does any of this have to do with this thread about a combine?

I see your point. I jumped ahead without explaining how I got there. I am commenting on an idea not expressly made, but assumed, by the flyer. In a flyer of competing local clubs looking to help unplaced local kids, some local clubs have been left off. Why?

The idea that MPRD is now a competitor of those clubs (MPRD used to be in a contract with a booster club dba USAMP that forbid the competition) is likely going to take some getting used to, but the reason for their omission from the flyer is still curious to me.

It could be that, even though CASC is involved in ongoing "dialogue" with MPRD, they still simply forgot to include them, though I dont see that as likely. You notice the clubs on the flyer are the local portion of the most recent incarnation of a Kevin Payne/US Club Soccer league, Carolinas Premier League.

More likely it is grown men doing clever soccer business under the guise of "in it for the kids"

It can be rectified in small part by adding MPRD to the flyer if MPRD does want to be involved so late in the game.

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
I know I shouldn't but have to respond. Seemingly my post has raised multiple issues that are all linked and by all accounts nefarious/machiavellian in nature, so I'll try and answer all three separately as honestly I don't see these linked or even if they are, wouldn't change any of the following commentary

some local clubs have been left off. Why? ... It can be rectified in small part by adding MPRD to the flyer

Thought I had answered that earlier as simply organized reactively in an opportunistic manner. Early versions of this flier had 2 logos and grew. MPRD has not responded to an invite but we will add their logo if they do. In any case we will certainly share their contact data for any children needing a home if they have spots open. I haven't personally talked to Battery guys (CBSC) all summer outside of one recent call with (backoffice) Sales where we shared contact data for some marketing efforts by them to our teams. By CCSC you mean Yang's outfit?, you will know that they played under CASC colors a year or two back and then USA/MP before breaking out on their own. I'm personally a good friend and neighbor with Yang (and family) and saw him fleetingly outside my house the other day but rarely talk soccer. When we do, it is usually about sharing players and fields (they use a site on Clements Ferry Rd we helped establish and relinquished for his use) and if he would want in, certainly.

You notice the clubs on the flyer are the local portion of the most recent incarnation of a Kevin Payne/US Club Soccer league, Carolinas Premier League. More likely it is grown men doing clever soccer business under the guise of "in it for the kids"

I have no idea who Kevin Payne is (actually a vague idea now), never met him, and would not consider myself a clever business person. Charleston United is included on the flier and not part of CPL (to my knowledge) and certainly wouldn't stop me inviting MPRD to Trident Academy (where ironically we shared a sub-lease agreement to them). Basically I am not sure why you are tying this activity to CPL. It is in our intent to offer this combine on our site to help any players who need a home find one (SCYS league or CPL). In fact children over 12 are also included that basically destroys any suggestion this is limited or guided by desire to alienate non CPL.

I'll have to come back to the lawsuit as this is tiring.

I would just ask all MP residents for a little understanding and forgiveness. We did not want to file any legal action. It was a last resort after much discussion and frustration by many parties.
There is so much history behind that action that I'd ask you to email me privately and I'll share all that I can, and hopefully after understanding some of the background you may have a little less animosity.
The cost of that action to taxpayers will be offset with increased revenues and future potential, and our activities on private (albeit subpar) ground has certainly helped increase soccer opportunities and field availability for everyone in MP.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard