Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Misa, (congrats on your win) I know you suggested in a past post you think it would be good to see the reasons for denying a club's application to the CPL published. Can you help the folks out this forum bc the league denied the application and gave no reason.

Thank you! (Off topic, now I’m curious to who this is cuz you said my nickname lol).

I honestly don’t know why clubs were denied entry to the CPL (or the newly formed SCCL) for this upcoming fall season. We can have theories, but I’m not going to throw theories out without any concrete evidence. I do think it’s fair for clubs to be told why their applications were denied. Whether that is happening or not, I couldn’t tell you. If it’s a matter of teams, coaching, field space, etc., then it surely would benefit both the club and league to say what factors were involved in a club’s denial. At the same time, a league has a right to run its brand as it sees fit for its purpose & its members.

I’m no longer w/ GPS so I’ll have even more limited access than what I had while I was with the club. I’m looking forward to seeing how the SCCL does & how the CPL continues to do. Although my new club home is not in the US Club side of things, I still think the CPL was a good league & can continue to improve. But, for now, I’ll have to look from afar and see how this ordeal plays out

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com