Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Just saw that cbsc 04 and 05 yellow teams were both relegated from pmsl to the open league. I didn’t even know that was possible. I don’t think field space is the issue.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
You did not know about relegation to the open league or that CBSC had second teams in 04 and 05?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I guess I’ve never known a team that was relegated from the pmsl. Clearly it is possible though.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
SCSCL>PMSL>Open

For example, the GPS 05 Maroon Girls just got promoted to PMSL from Open. Congrats Ladies!

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Yup,,, I guess for all the talk about other club’s leagues AND field space AND coaches licenses AND training methods AND #individualdevelopment, I would have thought the cbscs team would have moved forward... not backward.

Honestly, it was just an observation, and the board was dead, so I thought I would share.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Seems a disjointed list of yours, but I'll bite: How would USAMP not having fields for this fall help CBSC teams move forward last year?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
And what would the USAMP executive director sneaking around to create leagues so local 2nd graders can't play games have to do with two teams getting relegated?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Lastly, and most importantly, team success doesn't equal individual development. That's actually kind of the point.

Thanks for waking up the board.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Ok.
1. The usamp field situation doesn’t help the cbsc teams that didn’t move forward this year, but clearly neither does having fields on Daniel Island, SSC, Shipyard or the soccer dome (or whatever they call it now),,,,, ironically the only people I ever hear discuss usamps fields on this board or in the community are CBSC parents. Kind of like when gps first came to the area,,, the SSC people were quick to point out gps had to lease fields... over and over and over again.

2. The usamp director is a decent guy, pretty well liked, but if he had the power to persuade clubs in the Greenville and Spartanburg and Beaufort and Myrtle beach and Augusta and Columbia to form a league so that some 2nd graders in Charleston couldn’t play against other 2nd graders,,,, then he needs to get out of the youth soccer business and head to state house... we have some roads to fix.

3. No, I guess clearly #individualdevelopment does not lead to team success.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
Ok.
1. The usamp field situation doesn’t help the cbsc teams that didn’t move forward this year, but clearly neither does having fields on Daniel Island, SSC, Shipyard or the soccer dome (or whatever they call it now),,,,, ironically the only people I ever hear discuss usamps fields on this board or in the community are CBSC parents. Kind of like when gps first came to the area,,, the SSC people were quick to point out gps had to lease fields... over and over and over again.

2. The usamp director is a decent guy, pretty well liked, but if he had the power to persuade clubs in the Greenville and Spartanburg and Beaufort and Myrtle beach and Augusta and Columbia to form a league so that some 2nd graders in Charleston couldn’t play against other 2nd graders,,,, then he needs to get out of the youth soccer business and head to state house... we have some roads to fix.

3. No, I guess clearly #individualdevelopment does not lead to team success.

No comment on #s 1 and 2, but just to be clear, placements for next year as assigned by SCYSA, without cherry picking teams (traditional Coastal clubs only - leagues arranged from weakest to strongest):

Open League
GPS NASA - 5 teams
Cainhoy 4 teams
CBSC - 3 teams
GPS Coastal - 3 teams
JIYSC - 3 teams
Beach - 2 teams
Charleston Utd - 2 teams
Renegades - 2 teams
USA/MP - 1 team
WSC 1 team
Charleston City - 0 team
Coast FA - 0 teams
KOSA - 0 teams

PMSL
GPS NASA - 9 teams
Cainhoy 6 teams
USA/MP - 5 teams
GPS Coastal - 3 teams
JIYSC - 5 teams
Charleston Utd - 3 teams
Beach - 2 teams
CBSC - 2 teams
Coast FA - 2 teams
KOSA - 0 teams
Charleston City - 1 team
Renegades - 0 teams
WSC 0 teams

Challenge
CBSC - 12 teams
Coast FA - 6 teams
Cainhoy 5 teams
GPS Coastal - 5 teams
Beach - 4 teams
USA/MP - 4 teams
JIYSC - 3 teams
Charleston City - 1 team
Charleston Utd - 1 team
GPS NASA - 1 team
KOSA - 0 teams
Renegades - 0 teams
WSC 0 teams

Piedmont
Coast FA - 1 team
GPS Coastal - 1 team
JIYSC - 1 team

*USA/MP may have had their top teams outside of the state leagues (i.e. NPL), if so, they would likely be better reflected here. I do not know if the same is true for any other clubs.

Looks to me like CBSC overall did fairly well, particularly relative to your club and they have only been in existence for one year. Of course it is a moot point as GPS will not play in any of these leagues next year, and will instead go to a leagues that is club placed instead of one that is performance based.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard