Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Hearing this was cancelled.

C
Brace
Brace
C
That is correct! My daughter team was told it was cancelled and we are now playing in the Charleston Shoot out instead.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Why was it cancelled?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Lack of interest from area teams is the likely culprit. I think most of the CBSC teams will look to play in the JIYSC tourny.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
I would guess that when the CPL teams coordinated for their schedules, they blocked off dates that conflicted with their own tournaments. This would make them unavailable for tournaments with dates conflicting with the CPL schedule.

Whether intended or not, it further isolates CBSC. This will not do anything to mend ill will that some may have with this division of leagues.

I wonder what the future holds. Will CBSC turn the other cheek? Will it lose players as a consequence? Will the CPL allow them to join if they apply? If they fo, what happens to the other clubs in the Coastal?

J
Kickoff
Kickoff
J
From the perspective of an MPRD team, we vote on tournaments in July to block out the dates for our schedule, and almost all of the tournaments are listed on SincSports. We didn't even know about this tournament until late August when we had already selected which ones we were going to play in. CBSC needs to get the word out now about their spring tournament. Most coaches/managers aren't going to look on a clubs website to see if they have a tournament when there is one website that consolidates everything.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
SCYSA has a sanctioned tournaments page. CBSCs is listed. The clubs knew about it.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Just a view point from a local club administrator.

We are certainly aware (and appreciative) of SCYS sanctioned tournament page and often share it with our club coaches to offer them ideas and choice.
We have no preference, or agreement with any club to enter teams in any given event. And do not host our own so no pressure there either.
It is the choice of the individual teams where they play, and how many they enter. Some will enter none and some 3 or 4 per season (most one or two)

I will agree that league schedules often dictate opportunity, although I often see it the other way round where teams enter a tournament before league scheduling.
Then have to deal with that effort of scheduling around. And of course that is much harder with festival day format over coach negotiated process (in Coastal League, CPL,or any sanctioning league that follows that preference)

I'd suggest here that there might be a question as to why sanction so many mid season? We have often complained of blackout dates (for refs, field availability, etc.) and more events do not help that situation. Offering multiple weekends through SEPT/OCT in the same region is bound to dilute attendance and harder for newcomers to unseat incumbents (discounting any perceived bias). For example, if Cainhoy created a tournament in October, my bet is we would have to cancel it as well unless having a major differentiator or give it away.

I think the fact that both JI and USA/MP tournaments are already mentioned in this post as fall alternatives proves this point.
Finally as an example of thought process by many of us coaches - I am involved with two teams this year (decent level) and I like to enter two tournaments per season as all I can manage, and team seems satisfied with that. So we love to go out of town (hotel fun for kids) at least once, and usually to a City where moms/dads love to go/shop/eat. In our region out of CHS, usually one of Charlotte, Greenville or Myrtle Beach. The other tournament is usually in CHS, and with great fields, good competion and convenience for us, USA event is a no brainer in fall. I'm not discounting selecting Battery or any other in future, but generally happy with USA/MP event and see no reason to change.

Just my perspective. Its not all about some Macavellian scheme.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic
Just a view point from a local club administrator.

We are certainly aware (and appreciative) of SCYS sanctioned tournament page and often share it with our club coaches to offer them ideas and choice.
We have no preference, or agreement with any club to enter teams in any given event. And do not host our own so no pressure there either.
It is the choice of the individual teams where they play, and how many they enter. Some will enter none and some 3 or 4 per season (most one or two)

I will agree that league schedules often dictate opportunity, although I often see it the other way round where teams enter a tournament before league scheduling.
Then have to deal with that effort of scheduling around. And of course that is much harder with festival day format over coach negotiated process (in Coastal League, CPL,or any sanctioning league that follows that preference)

I'd suggest here that there might be a question as to why sanction so many mid season? We have often complained of blackout dates (for refs, field availability, etc.) and more events do not help that situation. Offering multiple weekends through SEPT/OCT in the same region is bound to dilute attendance and harder for newcomers to unseat incumbents (discounting any perceived bias). For example, if Cainhoy created a tournament in October, my bet is we would have to cancel it as well unless having a major differentiator or give it away.

I think the fact that both JI and USA/MP tournaments are already mentioned in this post as fall alternatives proves this point.
Finally as an example of thought process by many of us coaches - I am involved with two teams this year (decent level) and I like to enter two tournaments per season as all I can manage, and team seems satisfied with that. So we love to go out of town (hotel fun for kids) at least once, and usually to a City where moms/dads love to go/shop/eat. In our region out of CHS, usually one of Charlotte, Greenville or Myrtle Beach. The other tournament is usually in CHS, and with great fields, good competion and convenience for us, USA event is a no brainer in fall. I'm not discounting selecting Battery or any other in future, but generally happy with USA/MP event and see no reason to change.

Just my perspective. Its not all about some Macavellian scheme.

I may not communicated this effectively, but that is how I see how the scheduling is conducted.

Basically, CBSC (or any other non-CPL club) is unlikely to be able to host a tournament in the Lowcountry due to lack of available teams. Only non-CPL teams, which they already play against, would be able to sign up. At tournaments, teams usually want toplay against teams they dont see in league play.

Perhaps CBSC should schedule their tournaments the same weekend as CPL clubs do if they want t hold one. Whether Machiavellian, intended or simply collateral, the effect is the same. I am interested to see how things shake out in the future and what adjustments CBSC makes to this landscape. Also curious to see what a tual choices they have.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard