Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I guess the scysa does it as well. I dont see my u-littles team ever going back though. I know they faced better competition as a whole this fall than they did the last 2 years in the coastal league and they were able to play teams their own age. With the addition of u-13 and u-14 to the cpl, I would assumed the plan is to eventually have the teams play in the league exclusively...but who knows????

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
The reason why there may have been better competition for some of the teams is because CsPL did not let the best teams play up an age, like SCYSA, for better or worse. That meant some teams(that played up a year in SCYSA) had worse competition this past fall and some other teams(that played in-age in SCYSA) had better competition. And since the schedules were made so far in advance, there is no way to rectify those discrepancies for the spring. So there are still the same competition issues like any other league (look at the Tables).

I'll be interested to see what comes of the u13 and u14 leagues if they happen.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I guess it depends on how you look at it. I didnt mean competitive from a score aspect.. Luckily,, the score doesn't mean a whole lot to me anymore .. My son's team was one that always played up. They have lost a few games over the years because they played less skilled older teams from the area that were simply bigger and faster. The entire goal of some of those teams was to knock it up the field as far as they could and have the bigger kids run it down...Luckily,, as they get older and move to 11v11 and a bigger field, the teams that tend to just whack it and run, tend to relegate themselves

.. I think they benefited more and certainly enjoyed it more by playing the top teams from clubs like Discoveries or SCUFC at their own age. The soccer was certainly better and they were able to see teams that they wouldn't have ever seen in the coastal league outside of tournaments.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Glad to hear we are on the same page, at least for the kids playing in the younger leagues where the place you finish isn't required for the team to advance. Most of the parents and coaches I've seen in the CsPL (and pretty much everywhere) seem to live and die by the score of their 9 year old kid's game.

The teams that depend solely on "kick and run" do tend to fall off. On the flip side, teams that force kids to pass-pass-pass don't give kids a chance to fail on the dribble (learn to beat someone on the dribble), which is also a required skill.

Based on the fall, looks like the reason why there has been such a lack of participation by clubs like SCUFC and Discoveries in local Charleston tournaments is because you play them in this league, like you say. That has its benefits and drawbacks. We used to just see them in tournaments instead of the league. USAMP and JIYSC are the only ones who run local tournaments, so it really only hurts them. I think GPS used to play those teams in tournaments as well, so it is six of one, half dozen the other for you too.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Not sure where you are getting your information from but point of clarity.

Cainhoy Athletic is a member club of CPL. Nothing more.

I personally certainly don't want any additional soccer administrative functions or positions and would decline any invite from anyone asking to join anything (trust me I'm busy enough).

Having said that, we are a large organization with an appropriate voice on league matters (whether with CPL or SCYS) and like to think we can apply some influence to provide better services for our membership (as we see better).

I did not write or approve league policies or bylaws (for any league) and would refer anyone to the League administrator for policy questions.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
I saw a picture the the Directors of the League and I thought I saw you among them.

I also thought you were the one praising the local control of the league and that it wasn't run by a guy who was an administrator living in Massachusetts.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Perhaps it was just the Executive directors of the clubs and not the Directors of the league.

Do y'all not vote on who joins and when?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Oh yes, I was at that meeting, as I will be at the Presidents Workshop in Columbia with SCYS on March 2nd (if I can get there by 8am).

I was invited to represent CASC interests and helps support my earlier point. You have not seen me in a picture of a Coastal League meeting as we have never had one in 8 years.

If you had taken your camera to a LSYSA league meeting (forerunner of Coastal), you would have seen me.

I like the opportunity for local input on our leagues for sure.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Who cotes on when/if teams can join the league?

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
*votes

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard