Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
This is one of those policy questions best answered by League administrator. I would hate to provide incorrect or misleading information on this public board.

Much as I would refer you to SCYS leadership if you asked me how they accepted new member clubs.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic
This is one of those policy questions best answered by League administrator. I would hate to provide incorrect or misleading information on this public board.

Much as I would refer you to SCYS leadership if you asked me how they accepted new member clubs.

So I decided to reach out to the League administrato, Sean Carey. I asked the following in email:

Sean,

I was referred to you in trying to determine a few things about the CPL.

1. There is an application to join the league for Spring 2018.

A. Is that for any age group?
B. Did any clubs apply?

2. How are clubs determined if they may enter in the future?

3. Is there a vote on new membership, and if so, who votes?

4. If a vote is required, what is the threshold for approval?

That was one week ago, but thus far no response. Perhaps he was too busy, hadn’t gotten to it yet, or overlooked the email.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Do you think the member clubs could/ would vote in other clubs?

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
I'll treat that as two questions.

Ask to the question 'Do (we) think member clubs COULD vote in other clubs': Cainhoy Athletic is a member club and seems so be suggesting that members don't vote. Either that or he is being coy and they get to vote but he just doesn't want to be transparent about it.

As to the question 'Do we think the member clubs WOULD vote in other clubs': They would if they wanted additional, appropriate competition for their teams; if they wanted less travel(costs) for their parents; if they had faith in the value of their product.

To me, the league motto seems to be 'clubs first, money driven' and definitely not "players first, club driven".

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
OK, biting...

Just because I want to dismiss any suggestion I am trying to hide anything toward a given end. Having said that, coy is a probably correct in characterizing how I answered. By using club crest and making no secret of my identity, I don't think it is fair to me to suggest anything less than transparency. I have struggled with using club moniker on here as usually I am only articulating my personal views that do not always align directly with our broader organization/full board and certainly include issues that are of no import to the Club. I've even had words used on this board used in litigation and negotiations so I really should know better and just shut up. Having said all that, I think an open dialog is healthy and would encourage everyone to share what they can, use a real identity, and leverage this chat board as a vehicle for additional communication, understanding and sometimes advice.

I answered earlier that we have an 'appropriate voice on league matters' in all leagues we participate in, and that would include voting on items where membership approval is required. Just like SCYS and Coastal league, I would not expect being asked to vote for much in operating a league (if anything) but new membership is one and a difference form SCYS (where new membership is approved at Organization level, not Club)

For your last comment, our membership will receive better value from CPL than Coastal League by a few dimes. We certainly will not be any richer at a club level by choosing CPL this year over Coastal.

Finally a piece of advice, most of you here are either coaches or members of a youth Club. If you do not get what you are looking for from this board or the league, ask your club leadership what they know.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Thank you Dave. I truly appreciate you being as open as candid as you can.

One reason I ask the questions and post about this subject is due to the secrecy in general about something for which secrecy makes no sense. This is not national security or a protected trade secret. I also post because I am passionate about this sport and I question decisions that I see as not beneficial to the overall game, but for a protected few.

This is about the formation of an exclusive league, a country club if you will, where members pick and choose who else may be a part of the club. Like it or not, the analogy is fairly appropriate.

When a club is perceived as not having sufficient value to add to the league, the club is denied and that denies kids an opportunity or a lesser opportunity at best. Perhaps the leagues are separate but equal. To say they should switch clubs despite the potential hardship, well, that is clearly about business more than kids.

If a club is denied entrance because another club sees them as a threat to their bottom line/existence/etc... that is a business decision that would require twisted logic to say it benefits kids ((which kids? Certainly not the excluded ones). Why not improve your own product instead of excluding competition?

Just my opinion, but I understand why the 'haves' are happy and 'have nots' are not. I think a lot of 'have nots' would simply like to know the 'price' and process for admission to the country club. Oh yeah, and if certain types of clubs need not apply.

Yes I know some of the rhetoric I posted is incendiary and thus I may get flamed, but chances are there will be few actual answers in the fire, just heat.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Thanks for shedding some light on this.

Has there been a vote (not asking how you voted) on the applications for the Carolina's Premiere League for Spring 2019? Fall 2019?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Will not answer issues/questions/policy questions that are not mine to discuss or owned by CASC.
Ironically I would be more inclined to tell you how I voted (if in fact I did)

see above: If you do not get what you are looking for from this board or the league, ask your club leadership what they know.

S
Brace
Brace
S
While there's still an obvious agenda in some of these posts regarding CBSC/CPL, I'd really tell you all to take Cainhoy's advice on some of these matters & ask your club leadership and see what they tell you

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
That actually made me chuckle out loud.

The fresh breeze of transparency. Breathe it in.

These are the same responses non CsPL members get from the league. Namely, a non-response or delay, delay ,....

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard