Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: SharksFutbol
While there's still an obvious agenda in some of these posts regarding CBSC/CPL, I'd really tell you all to take Cainhoy's advice on some of these matters & ask your club leadership and see what they tell you

Guilty as indirectly charged. However, if someone is from a non-CPL club, what can their club leadership tell them other than opinion or conjecture? Coach, it is disingenuous to imply that non-CPL parents, coaches, etc...can get the answers internally from their own club. Do you think Beach United, CBSC, ECSC, Walterboro, Chas Utd, etc... were at the initial meetings of CPL formation? How would any of them know enough to give well informed answers?

What do we say when asked by a parent, "Why aren't we in the CPL playing against the other big clubs?"
Club says something like, "uh, we were not invited to join the CPL."
Parent, "why not?"
Club, "crickets."

The only people that have the answers are those Club Directors/Boards in the CPL and its Director. The exception would be those clubs that were there and declined to join. Are there any clubs that did decline after being engaged to join and went to the meetings? The fact that Cainhoy has the guts to engage even a little bit is commendable and respect him for it.

So yes, there may be an "agenda," but that does not make the questions posed less legitimate. The formation of the CPL has created unnecessary division. Not because of its existence, but because of its exclusionary practice and lack of transparency. Instead of answering questions in order to maintain its opaqueness, we get 'conspiracy theorist' insults to deflect from actual, truthful answers.

By how the CPL chose to form and exclude others, hundreds of kids are not getting the best experience they could have. The CPL told clubs they could apply to play in the Spring of 2019. The application was posted in August. At least one club applied and was told, we aren't taking new clubs for Spring 2019 because the season has already been scheduled out. Then why have the application and make that an option? I am throwing my BS flag on that answer.

So I think it is fair to ask: Will the CPL open their doors to new clubs? What is the criteria? Shouldn't parents know that before choosing where their kids will play in the future? Is that really too much to ask?

S
Brace
Brace
S
Shamrock, you’ve made some very good & legitimate points. As I’ve mentioned before, I don’t know why they put a spring application up when, from what I gathered from the information that was given to us coaches who asked, there weren’t any plans to add any new clubs in the spring. I do know that in the fall they will take new clubs & im sure CBSC is on top of the list as far as clubs wanting to get in.

I can’t speak on the league or the clubs involved. I know that personally I’ve been pretty content w/ the CPL & expect it to grow with new clubs in the fall. While I don’t think it’s for every club in the state (and that’s a didcssuiom I think has been had on this site before), I do think if a club fits what the league is looking for & applies and meets the requirements, then they should join and hopefully provide quality teams to maintain the level of play for each division the league offers.

Should any club be able to apply and be given a fair lol to join? Absolutely, and I think that to be the case. Should every club that applies be allowed? Nope. As unfair as it may sound, some clubs wouldn’t be able to compete in the league & would probably end up hurting their club more than help. I’m sure club directors around the state can view their clubs & figure out which league best suits what they’re trying to accomplish.

I’m all for competition & there being more than one way to skin a cat. I’m also one for fairness to the game’s development in the state. I’m curious to see what club(s) join the CPL in the fall, and I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if a particular club becomes a part.

In the meantime, we’ll continue this dialogue. Just don’t ask me any questions because if Cainhoy, who’s a boss man, can’t answe them.....then I DEFINITELY can’t answer them lol

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Last year coaches at the GPS, Cainhoy and USAMP actively engaged in "where will you play" threats to the kids and parents. Our experience with the training and communication continues to be far better than when we were at those clubs, so not being in the league doesn't bother me as much as the grown men putting their love of their youth soccer patches above that of the local kids and parents. Again, driven out of fear of the shortcomings in their own product.

Unless they decide about Fall 2019 before the end of April, they wont be able to threaten kids with that this year.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
There are currently clubs in CPL that can't compete (I judge that by scores and conversations with friends who have kids in the leagues)and sometimes don't even show up.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
There are currently clubs in CPL that can't compete (I judge that by scores and conversations with friends who have kids in the leagues)and sometimes don't even show up.

My team got killed first month of the league (like double digit losses).......and then we got better & results were either in our favor or 1-2 goal losses. Also, there’s been teams that have been promoted or relegated based on the results in the fall. Not sure about teams no showing since my particular club didn’t have those issues on any age group, but I don’t know that a club in total can’t compete. Maybe a few teams playing too high or too low, but that’s why they give clubs freeom to promote/relegate teams to give them a more competitive schedule based on their level

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I'd say we went in a little conservatively. Meaning we probably placed teams too low and won more than we lost at a club level. Promoting a number of teams for spring should help.

And I'd like to apologize if any coaches threatened players or parents last summer. We certainly helped our coaches understand which clubs/teams were moving and why it made sense that we accept our place in the CPL, but if that in turn, moved to direct threats or anchors restricting individual choice, was not our intent.

We do not hold players or teams against their will and release anyone at any time (without reason) that does not want to be part of our organization. Similarly we do not ask coaches to sign non compete or long term contracts and are free to move on as it best serves their needs.

I am certain other clubs provide a much richer experience and better administrative support than we can on our nonprofit/volunteer basis so accept readily any criticism in that area as charged. Our proposition or popularity I'd like to think is based on value. Do you get your money's worth? If not, we should release anyone who wants to move on and we will.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Last year coaches at the GPS, Cainhoy and USAMP actively engaged in "where will you play" threats to the kids and parents. Our experience with the training and communication continues to be far better than when we were at those clubs, so not being in the league doesn't bother me as much as the grown men putting their love of their youth soccer patches above that of the local kids and parents. Again, driven out of fear of the shortcomings in their own product.

Unless they decide about Fall 2019 before the end of April, they wont be able to threaten kids with that this year.

I can confirm this happened as well with at 2/3 of the clubs mentioned. This certainly looked like a pre-emotive and calculated move then, and more so now. The kids on our team personally experienced and we lost a couple. One did say if the Battery got a DA team, they be back though.

Coach G, I hope you are right. I also hope that those decisions are made before parents are asked to choose where to play. One of those clubs mentioned above used a ‘hard sell’ tactic giving only 24 hours after evals to commit or risk losing your spot. That’s cold.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic
I'd say we went in a little conservatively. Meaning we probably placed teams too low and won more than we lost at a club level. Promoting a number of teams for spring should help.

Didnt you say schedules were set and that's why teams couldn't join for spring?

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S

And I'd like to apologize if any coaches threatened players or parents last summer. We certainly helped our coaches understand which clubs/teams were moving and why it made sense that we accept our place in the CPL, but if that in turn, moved to direct threats or anchors restricting individual choice, was not our intent.

We do not hold players or teams against their will and release anyone at any time (without reason) that does not want to be part of our organization. Similarly we do not ask coaches to sign non compete or long term contracts and are free to move on as it best serves their needs.

Without having someone performing the role of Director of Coaching, there is no consistent and enforced messaging or training the coaches have to follow. The should already know better. They should also be trained to ensure they know better

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
I am certain other clubs provide a much richer experience and better administrative support than we can on our nonprofit/volunteer basis so accept readily any criticism in that area as charged. Our proposition or popularity I'd like to think is based on value. Do you get your money's worth? If not, we should release anyone who wants to move on and we will.

Let's not conflate non-profit with volunteering. The term Non-profit has lost any meaningful tie to charity and volunteering.

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard