OP Online Content
Goal
S
What does that mean?

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Even if they started work today, I don't see how this complex would be ready by the fall.

In the letter, Matt (from USAMP) states- "This soccer complex is necessary to replace the fields that USAMP currently uses at Patriots Point in Mount Pleasant that the town has elected to not renew our lease."

What is/was the deal for the Patriot's Point fields? I knew they had a preferential agreement with the town, but I thought that was all it was. Not an exclusive lease.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
They had a 1 year "non-exclusive" contract with the town for use of some of the fields at Patriots Point and Carolina Park at a "below market" rate. I believe that CASC and a local lacrosse club were given similar contract rates for some fields. The fields will be available for any group to rent and rates will increase for next year (starts July 1 if I recall).

This was the second such 1 year contract and the town was reluctant to do it but USAMP said couldnt afford the fee increase in addition to the capital costs of building out the fields, which would begin last June. The town relented but, in order to be fair, they had to make the lower fees available to all groups that had requested fields(only CASC and lax).

The contract was never going to be up for renewal. I believe what Matt was reluctant to say is that USAMP can't afford the increase in field costs and therefore won't go into another contract with the town for the upcoming year.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Tough to square USAMP propaganda with the facts, but wanted to share it anyway.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
By propaganda, I mean "marketing"

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Does this mean they are just doing 3 fields or did they get approval for the 4?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
USAMP did not get approval to remove the 3 trees they told the zoning board they needed to remove in order for the lot to work. That could have been hyperbole, given the source.

So they must now go with another field layout that can still fit 4 fields (seems unlikely given other grand trees on lot); go with 3 fields; or scrap the plan(seems unlikely since they just told parents they were moving forward with plan).

Using the original design picture as part of the update seems a bit deceitful, but I'm sure it helps the marketing.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Have any folks know what the status of the fields is?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Drove by the proposed USAMP field location in Awendaw again this week and still see no evidence of progress. Mr. Tunesi do you know if the fields will be ready by this fall for the leagues you participate in? I'd imagine these fields are necessary for CPL games to make up for the loss of so much Carolina Park and Patriots Point field access? Will this cause issues determining locations and scheduling for local games? Will this cause additional issues since so many out of town teams played in Mount Pleasant as "neutral" locations?

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard