Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#175386 08/22/18 08:31 PM
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Does anyone know where the new USAMP fields and if there is progress on them?

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
I believe the USA/MP site is in Awendaw just past the Sewee Outpost on the left off highway 17N about 5 or 6 minutes past Carolina Park.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
I remember that was what David thought but was looking for confirmation and possibly a more specific address. I drove past the area described and was able to identify any fields.

Do you (or anyone) have any idea if the capital improvements on the fields are underway?

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
I do not. The only new fields in the area I have seen progress on are the CBSCs on Daniel Island.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Guerins Bridge Rd.

USA/MP expansion

Congratulations USA/MP.

Not a bad location and Guerins goes back through the woods, Halfway Creek Rd all the way to Clements Ferry (and miss 41)

Exciting times, looking forward to a game or three at the complex.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
I expect CASC will be playing some of their home games there once they are finished in 2019/20. That or build/utilize more fields in Berkley County (the area needs more fields, so good thing).

The reasons being: Town of Mt. Pleasant won't have much field time to offer with all the other MPRD needs and new external demands(like LAX); the rental costs will be high(they have been artificially low due to USAMP subsidies); and I assume a Berkley County org that frivolously sued the town and is offering the same service as MPRD will be last in line for fields.

That sounds harsh but is merely my opinion of the realities the club faces.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Not harsh at all, respect your view on the lawsuit.

Your post though does sound somewhat misinformed or odd with regard to our realities.

The reality is that since 2008 we have operated without MPRD (or USA) fields and have some good space for our membership (although not ideal). Any change occurring with MPRD and easing of access can only help us. The reason being anything is better than zero.

You may not know this we have an existing agreement (signed this summer) with MPRD that includes three fields and one being at Carolina Park.

I am not sure why the reference or assignment to Berkeley County is so relevant here. Our club office is centered in Park West, Mount Pleasant (Charleston County) and many of our fields are in Charleston County (that includes properties owned by the City and CCSD)

Back to the post, I'm hoping this new facility is included in one of the Leagues we participate in, and if it is, I'm sure using festival day formats, we will see some games there. Similarly I'd expect to see USA/MP play some of their games at Trident Academy.

We do have a desire to add fields (particularly larger ones) so stay tuned on that.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Looks like fieldwork has begun again on the Daniel Island fields the CBSC will use for some of the 2019 games in the Fall. It will be nice to have some additional fields the club and town can use. I was afraid any more of a delay would push the project back to 2020.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
That’s awesome. How many fields are they building?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Last plans I saw showed 5.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard