S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
A message sent today to our Coaches/Managers

Just a quick note to assure you that we have seen the early postings about evals from several clubs in a scramble to get positive messaging/marketing out quite honestly well before they need to.

There are several restrictions imposed through CPL and SCYS around timing of these evaluation/recruiting events and for those underlying reasons (finish the current year), we are not going to participate in this craziness any sooner than necessary.

My advice should anyone ask, or to settle your parents, assure them Cainhoy Athletic has every intention of forming teams and supporting players next year and our evaluation and team forming process will follow in a week or two.

And as a reminder, please refrain from any recruiting for next year until you hear from us that it is clear to start.
There are policies, rules and penalties for individual coaches and clubs participating in direct recruiting ahead of State Cup and other events that fall in early May.
And if you see any other clubs approaching your players, tell them to stop and let me know.

Bottom line, relax and enjoy the remainder of your season.

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Kudos, Dave. I think Kevin posted something last year about cluibs encrouching on the prep season. Like Christmas sales in stores, tryout season seems to move up every year.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Can you point out the restrictions that are put forth by SCYS or CPL relating to posting the tryout/trial schedules?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Sorry if I misrepresented, there are no restrictions on when you can advertise or announce evaluations. Only (to my knowledge) when they can happen.

Our position here is just to try and postpone or defer the noise and distraction of these activities until closer to the open period in a vain attempt I'm sure to reduce the inevitable angst and stress this time of year imposes on our members

I am certainly understanding of why some might want to promote earlier than others and kudos for a willingness to market all fairly here

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
As a parent of players, and knowing many parents of many players, we prefer to be able to plan a mere month in advance. Perhaps that's the lesson learned here.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Thanks for highlighting that need and recognizing our shortcoming, for any parents here rest assured we will have evals around the same time as all the others (although I would personally prefer we all push back to June/July).

We should probably put something out on our website and will plan to do that shortly. Thanks for the tip

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
What in the wide world of sports is going on here.

You made some (insert adjective) post here that put other clubs in a bad light and even mentioned some league rules that don't apply to posting tryouts.

Stop it. Post yours here when you can. Your parents will thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard