Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
CHARLESTON, SC APRIL 12TH, 2019: Global Premier Soccer (GPS) Carolina is excited to announce the formation of a NEW year round elite club program to launch in Charleston beginning Fall 2019.

GPS Charleston will offer a new tier of year round programming geared for the most talented players in the region aged U12-U19. This program will be in conjunction with our current youth partners: GPS NASA, James Island Youth Soccer Club (JIYSC), and GPS Coastal Academy.

The program will combine key resources from the three GPS Lowcountry clubs and provide a superior player development environment in terms of development, support and competition. The new program will seek to strengthen the pathway to college soccer for the most serious and aspiring High School player.

“This was a natural progression and we are excited by this move and what it will bring to the Charleston area” Said GPS Carolina General Manager Luke Krawczyk.

“It’s important to note that this move is to complement the existing structure of all of our current GPS partner clubs in the Lowcountry. All of the current GPS partner clubs will continue to operate as normal. I would like to thank all of the clubs involved to launch this initiative to further player development within our region.”

The program seeks to merge existing top talent from the GPS partner clubs. In advance of tryouts for the 2019/20 season, GPS will be holding an information night for all current GPS NASA, JIYSC, and GPS Coastal Academy families to reveal full details on all pertinent information including:

GPS Charleston 2019/20 Coaching Staff
Competitive Calendar
Team formation and GPS Charleston Structure
Registration and Logistical information

The details for the information night will be emailed directly to each GPS partner club.

In order to be eligible for GPS Charleston you will be required to attend try outs at one of our GPS partner locations.

James Island Location- REGISTER HERE
North Charleston Location- REGISTER HERE
Bluffton Location- REGISTER HERE

For more information about GPS Charleston, please contact GPS Carolina General Manager Luke Krawczyk at Luke@globalpremiersoccer.com.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Jiysc has been under the gps umbrella for a few years now

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Correct. "Powered by GPS". Looks like 12 and above, they ARE GPS. Not judging. Smart move by GPS to get more field access.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I am assuming they are taking the top kids from each club and creating a team. They have been doing this for a few years during the summer/winter. Jiysc has been apart of those teams. The difference now I guess is that these teams are going to be year round for training and tournaments. I am just assuming. I haven’t seen anything else released. I do know that the combined teams of nasa/jiysc/coastal will be pretty good,,, especially at the younger ages.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Jiysc players have been part of those teams, yes. Same with USAMP, CBSC and I assume Cainhoy players. This is different.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
USAMP is throwing up roadblocks to the success of kids all over the Charleston area. This was needed by GPS to overcome one of them. I hope it allows them to do so.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Looks like gps Charleston was awarded an NPL bid.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
U12 - U19 Teams Set To Join For 2019-20 Season

GPS Charleston is pleased to announce the acceptance of our boys youth program into the National Premier Leagues (NPL) for the 2019-20 season. Starting this fall, GPS Charleston Boys teams will compete in the South Atlantic-NPL Division.

The NPL Division is the top tier of programming and part of 20 leagues across the country that make up the National Premier Leagues. These leagues have been created to provide a national developmental platform with the highest level of competition in given geographic areas, and to elevate and change the competitive youth soccer landscape based upon fundamental principles in US Club Soccer's vision.

"The acceptance into the South Atlantic NPL division shows how far GPS and its partners clubs in the Lowcountry have come. We are delighted by this next step for our boys teams and look forward to competing against some of the biggest and best club brands across the Southeast” states GPS Carolina General Manager Luke Krawczyk.

“I also want to take the time to thank GPS NASA, GPS Coastal Academy and James Island Youth Soccer Club’s families, Coaching Staff and Board Members past and present for all of their support and belief in GPS over the past several years to get to this point.”

The NPL is a member of US Club Soccer, which fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages. US Club Soccer is anchored by five pillars: Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education, and Player Health & Safety.

For players looking to become part of the GPS Charleston program players will need to attend a try out event with one of our partner clubs below. Players will then be identified for GPS Charleston from these try out events.

James Island Youth Soccer: Register Here

GPS NASA: Register Here

GPS Coastal Academy: Register Here

If you would like more information on GPS Charleston please contact Luke Krawczyk at Luke@globalpremiersoccer.com.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Sounds like USAMP still succeeded in keeping some of the female children in the area from playing against better competition. They must be super proud of themselves. High fives!

T
Kickoff
Kickoff
T
I wouldn't think that an anouncement for an ECNL program for the girls is that far away. CESA and SCUFC have teams in the ECNL.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard