Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Sorry for the double post

Above is the link for the CPL Spring 2019 application.

Are you of the opinion that CBSC would have been accepted into the CPL had they been able to apply by the deadline the CPL had established?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
"Shunned by USAMP" would make a great Tee! But no, my family left USAMP because of the actions of their leadership when no one they thought important enough was looking.

Shamrock I'm sure many folks think your question for Chuck above is rhetorical. If Chuck is unwilling to answer, I guess we'll just have to see whether the same low characters harm local kids again by keeping them out of a local league.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Just curious,,, do you think it has anything to do with CBSC’s behavior toward already existing clubs that may have kept them out of the CPL? I would imagine that having tryouts and practices to take a team to the Dallas cup during the middle Of the season might have rubbed clubs the wrong way? Also, they took over a club that had a great girls program,,, but hadn’t had any success on the boys side above the pmsl, in years. They weren’t even a sanctioned club when the cpl was planned, discussed and formed.....

I’m not saying these are the reasons, but at least the other club have been “boots on ground” and doing the youth soccer thing for more a few months. Just a thought!

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Those are good questions. That have hopefully been put to rest.

The Battery offered kids a chance to go to Dallas cup, no strings attached. It was just an offer. I guess they could have told the organizers "no, the local clubs will get angry if we offer this opportunity to the kids." Some clubs told their kids if they went, they might not have the same status on their team anymore. Some kids went some didn't. One USAMP leader went so far as saying the kids shouldn't go because the kids here would get killed and it would ruin them. I'm not sure who that speaks ill of, but i get your point and think it probably scared/annoyed some clubs that kids were given the choice. Side note: the team didn't win a game. They didnt get embarrassed, but they were beat pretty soundly I heard. But they got to talk to Brad Guzan who said his experience getting hammered at the Dallas cup as a young player made him realize he needed to work much harder on his game to succeed. He did both.

Not sure about the other rational as DISA and Cainhoy boys teams are at best on par with CBSC boys and they are in the league. We'll see what happens.

The CPL would be better off having CBSC in the league if not just to have enough fields to play games on next year. Right now some CCSD middle school or elementary fields are the only hope aside from the Baptist Church and Trident.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Based on what Dave shared, I am pretty sure each club has rubbed others the wrong way. I cannot fathom CBSC did something so egregious as to be persona non grata.

Also, the timeline should have allowed for a seamless transition from SSC to CBSC. Any reasonable person can see that if the other clubs wanted them, they would be in. No excuses

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers

Are you of the opinion that CBSC would have been accepted into the CPL had they been able to apply by the deadline the CPL had established?

No, I’m of the opinion that there was never an intention to add any clubs to the schedule. As to how that was communicated to the clubs, our club told is the schedule could change based on results but wouldn’t include any new teams and we were told this in the fall. Are Battery parents being told that USA is the cause of them not being accepted into the CPL?

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Based on what Dave shared, I am pretty sure each club has rubbed others the wrong way. I cannot fathom CBSC did something so egregious as to be persona non grata.

Also, the timeline should have allowed for a seamless transition from SSC to CBSC. Any reasonable person can see that if the other clubs wanted them, they would be in. No excuses

I disagree with your point here in that. During the transition there was a great deal of misinformation coming out. Some coaches at SSC were at one point under the impression they would either not be retained or would not retain their teams. Then the concern was what league they would play in as a result of the usys vs uscs and scys and the creation of the CPL. This should all be resolved this fall with cbsc playing in the CPL no?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Chuck607

No, I’m of the opinion that there was never an intention to add any clubs to the schedule. As to how that was communicated to the clubs, our club told is the schedule could change based on results but wouldn’t include any new teams and we were told this in the fall. Are Battery parents being told that USA is the cause of them not being accepted into the CPL?

To my knowledge CBSC parents have not been told anything about CPL except that, last I heard, they are still waiting to hear about the status of their application.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Chuck607

I disagree with your point here in that. During the transition there was a great deal of misinformation coming out. Some coaches at SSC were at one point under the impression they would either not be retained or would not retain their teams. Then the concern was what league they would play in as a result of the usys vs uscs and scys and the creation of the CPL. This should all be resolved this fall with cbsc playing in the CPL no?

Im having trouble following this logic. Are you saying that the SSC coaches told CPL there was misinformation and that made the organizer of the CPL not include CBSC?

And then you seem to say that the confusion over whether or not CBSC would be in the CPL was the reason CBSC was not part of the CPL?

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
No, I’m saying the reason cbsc isn’t in CPL is of cbsc’s own doing. No big conspiracy theory here just didn’t or couldn’t decide what direction they were going and because of it, got left out.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard