Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
CHARLESTON, SC APRIL 12TH, 2019: Global Premier Soccer (GPS) Carolina is excited to announce the formation of a NEW year round elite club program to launch in Charleston beginning Fall 2019.

GPS Charleston will offer a new tier of year round programming geared for the most talented players in the region aged U12-U19. This program will be in conjunction with our current youth partners: GPS NASA, James Island Youth Soccer Club (JIYSC), and GPS Coastal Academy.

The program will combine key resources from the three GPS Lowcountry clubs and provide a superior player development environment in terms of development, support and competition. The new program will seek to strengthen the pathway to college soccer for the most serious and aspiring High School player.

“This was a natural progression and we are excited by this move and what it will bring to the Charleston area” Said GPS Carolina General Manager Luke Krawczyk.

“It’s important to note that this move is to complement the existing structure of all of our current GPS partner clubs in the Lowcountry. All of the current GPS partner clubs will continue to operate as normal. I would like to thank all of the clubs involved to launch this initiative to further player development within our region.”

The program seeks to merge existing top talent from the GPS partner clubs. In advance of tryouts for the 2019/20 season, GPS will be holding an information night for all current GPS NASA, JIYSC, and GPS Coastal Academy families to reveal full details on all pertinent information including:

GPS Charleston 2019/20 Coaching Staff
Competitive Calendar
Team formation and GPS Charleston Structure
Registration and Logistical information

The details for the information night will be emailed directly to each GPS partner club.

In order to be eligible for GPS Charleston you will be required to attend try outs at one of our GPS partner locations.

James Island Location- REGISTER HERE
North Charleston Location- REGISTER HERE
Bluffton Location- REGISTER HERE

For more information about GPS Charleston, please contact GPS Carolina General Manager Luke Krawczyk at Luke@globalpremiersoccer.com.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Jiysc has been under the gps umbrella for a few years now

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Correct. "Powered by GPS". Looks like 12 and above, they ARE GPS. Not judging. Smart move by GPS to get more field access.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I am assuming they are taking the top kids from each club and creating a team. They have been doing this for a few years during the summer/winter. Jiysc has been apart of those teams. The difference now I guess is that these teams are going to be year round for training and tournaments. I am just assuming. I haven’t seen anything else released. I do know that the combined teams of nasa/jiysc/coastal will be pretty good,,, especially at the younger ages.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Jiysc players have been part of those teams, yes. Same with USAMP, CBSC and I assume Cainhoy players. This is different.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
USAMP is throwing up roadblocks to the success of kids all over the Charleston area. This was needed by GPS to overcome one of them. I hope it allows them to do so.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Looks like gps Charleston was awarded an NPL bid.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
U12 - U19 Teams Set To Join For 2019-20 Season

GPS Charleston is pleased to announce the acceptance of our boys youth program into the National Premier Leagues (NPL) for the 2019-20 season. Starting this fall, GPS Charleston Boys teams will compete in the South Atlantic-NPL Division.

The NPL Division is the top tier of programming and part of 20 leagues across the country that make up the National Premier Leagues. These leagues have been created to provide a national developmental platform with the highest level of competition in given geographic areas, and to elevate and change the competitive youth soccer landscape based upon fundamental principles in US Club Soccer's vision.

"The acceptance into the South Atlantic NPL division shows how far GPS and its partners clubs in the Lowcountry have come. We are delighted by this next step for our boys teams and look forward to competing against some of the biggest and best club brands across the Southeast” states GPS Carolina General Manager Luke Krawczyk.

“I also want to take the time to thank GPS NASA, GPS Coastal Academy and James Island Youth Soccer Club’s families, Coaching Staff and Board Members past and present for all of their support and belief in GPS over the past several years to get to this point.”

The NPL is a member of US Club Soccer, which fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages. US Club Soccer is anchored by five pillars: Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education, and Player Health & Safety.

For players looking to become part of the GPS Charleston program players will need to attend a try out event with one of our partner clubs below. Players will then be identified for GPS Charleston from these try out events.

James Island Youth Soccer: Register Here

GPS NASA: Register Here

GPS Coastal Academy: Register Here

If you would like more information on GPS Charleston please contact Luke Krawczyk at Luke@globalpremiersoccer.com.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Sounds like USAMP still succeeded in keeping some of the female children in the area from playing against better competition. They must be super proud of themselves. High fives!

T
Kickoff
Kickoff
T
I wouldn't think that an anouncement for an ECNL program for the girls is that far away. CESA and SCUFC have teams in the ECNL.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Is that relevant?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I would think too the girls playing and too their parents,,,it is relevant.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Is that relevant?

Sorry, let me be more clear. The GPS girls should already be in ECNL. That league and all leagues that seek to keep kids from playing at whatever level they can are anathema to decency.

As is apparent from their actions, USAMP isn't run with that in mind and therefore votes/deals to keep children from being able to play at whatever level they can. SCUFC and CESA having girls ECNL teams has no bearing on USAMPs activities.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Just trying to understand all of this. Are these leagues an alternative to the Piedmont Conference and National league of US Youth Soccer?

What are the differences between the two and are both merit based?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I think NPL is US club soccer and Piedmont Conference is USYS.. Both are merit based. Piedmont conference is still strong, you qualify through that by your state cup finish. But with the addition of NPL and ECNL ,,, fewer clubs send their top teams to state cup.... for example,,,, usamp 05s won the u-13 state cup
Last year by beating CESA...... neither Usamp or CESA will have a team in the u-14 state cup this year.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Just for giggles, I'll ask: By what merit do you gain entry into NPL?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
My eye roll emoji never works on here.... take a look the clubs in the NPL South Atlantic league... not quite the same as some see in the PMSL.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
A veritable smorgasbord of meritocracy!

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Maybe,,,, but there are some strong soccer players mixed in there.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Strong players in just about every league.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Lol......touché....... that’s what I keep hearing.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Sounds like USAMP still succeeded in keeping some of the female children in the area from playing against better competition. They must be super proud of themselves. High fives!

Lol how so? All of their girls teams compete at NPL or both NPL and R3PL. The teams that aren’t doing both pulled out of the Piedmont Conference because the NPL game schedule was better as was the competition. CESA has a great girls program aided by their location and their ECNL program. Scufc lol they have an ECNL program but you won’t find them playing any in state clubs outside of ECNL because they are struggling to stay competitive. I think thei 03/04 girls do well but not the older girls.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
The best girls program in the area remains on the USA side. Look at the 03/04 team IIRC they are on top of their NPL bracket and going to Nationals. GPS Elite aka GPS Charleston do have some talented teams during the summer session but my concerns with this program center around GPS management. Who is the girls DOC? What connections do they have to the Colleges in the area? What league will the girls side play in? What does the commitment look like? GPS don’t have an option for ECNL currently as they don’t own their fields, so the next best league, truthfully, is NPL but with so many unanswered questions above, USA still will be a better option for most even before considering they are going ECNL soon if not this fall. The only other girls option at the Battery are all Challenge league teams that will get moved up to Piedmont conference (just like GPS did this past year) when teams opt out of Piedmont to go to the NPL.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Curious, but how USA/MP have an option to ECNL when, like GPS, they also don’t own their fields?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Chuck607

Lol how so? All of their girls teams compete at NPL or both NPL and R3PL. The teams that aren’t doing both pulled out of the Piedmont Conference because the NPL game schedule was better as was the competition. CESA has a great girls program aided by their location and their ECNL program. Scufc lol they have an ECNL program but you won’t find them playing any in state clubs outside of ECNL because they are struggling to stay competitive. I think thei 03/04 girls do well but not the older girls.

I guess i need to be more clear. USAMP kept children from another club being able to play in the NPL. That other club is GPS/JIYSC.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers
Curious, but how USA/MP have an option to ECNL when, like GPS, they also don’t own their fields?

If they need their own fields, then they won't have an ECNL option due to the incompetence on display up in Awendaw. My guess is the recent fundraiser was an emergency brought on by the fact that they are struggling to pay the coaches, directors and build the fields. Their recent comms with parents haven't discussed the issues with the Awendaw location or if the back up plan is that they'll all play on their church fields in the fall.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
There is no better option in the area on the girls side than CBSC. Former pro/college players and current colleg/high school coaches.

A path to both college and the Fleet.

Kids will migrate there over time in 06 and above. 07 and below, there are no better teams already and, as a club based on individual development, they will only get better.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
There is no better option in the area on the girls side than CBSC. Former pro/college players and current colleg/high school coaches.

EDIT:
There is no better option in the area on the girls side than CBSC. Coaches that are both former pro/college players and current college/high school as coaches.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Coaches Slick and Petry doing some great work developing those young ladies as well.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
What would be nice to see though, is a robust local competition, not just one club trying to keep kids at other clubs from competing at higher levels. If you are the best at what you do, prove it with results, not by limiting availability to other kids.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
You seem to have an axe to grind personally with USA. Also, how did USA prevent kids from a rival club play in NPL? The top 03/04 girls team went to USYS regionals like USA but didn’t go on to Nationals as far as I’m aware. How could one club prevent another kid on another club from playing in the league, genuinely intrigued. As for your comment on Battery, I’m assuming you are making that comment as a parent of the Battery? All of the local clubs have coaches on staff at each local college GPS have some additional connections with former coaches that are coaching in colleges outside of the local area. As far as the Fleet connection, and no disrespect intended for the kids that want to go pro after HS but 96% of girls are trying to go to college as opposed to trying to play for a Pro team making little to no money. I know I’m opening a can of worms with that statement but the biggest thing our local girls need is opportunity to play in front of colleges. If you compete in Challenge league, you are missing out on a great deal of exposure. Most schools are done with the 02 recruiting class and are looking at 03/04s this summer and fall. The next problem if you’re on one of those Challenge teams, when you do go to a tournament, you are placed in the lower brackets which amounts to not a lot of interest by recruiters.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Always the bridesmaid...

Cainhoy Athletic will have girls teams in a high level at 04/05/06/07
Maybe not Nationals, but hopefully Piedmont (Two Challenge winers in 18/19) and 13u/14U State Cup participants.

These teams next year will be coached with experienced staff including Professional and College experience, A-D licenses.

And cost about a third!

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
I may be wrong, but I do not think the Fleet is professional, but rather a club where top college players can get together and play during the summer months. I believe they retain their amateur status. Baseball does something similar with the Cape Cod league.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
You can read my past comments on this message board to see that I think the actions taken by folks that run USAMP over the years represent what is bad in youth sports.

For admission into the NPL and CPL you are voted in/chosen by the board/directors/whatever. USAMP votes/choses against other local teams. Such was the case of GPS girls not getting NPL.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C

For admission into the NPL and CPL you are voted in/chosen by the board/directors/whatever. USAMP votes/choses against other local teams. Such was the case of GPS girls not getting NPL.

Where are you getting this information from? While I am not a board member of the NPL I’m quite confident that USA didn’t prevent James Island from joining NPL. Keep in mind JIYSC falls under the GPS umbrella and GPS Carolina, as you’ve already stated, have a presence with US Club Soccer. GPS Girls not “getting” NPL this past year had zero to do with USA and everything to do with that girls team again being a challenge team. That challenge team was able to move into Piedmont, which, for our region is a lower level of soccer based on Club’s priority being NPL. GPS moved into Piedmont and did well but again, at least on the 03/04 and older, the better teams were playing exclusively in NPL. The older gps girls team forfeited their final games due to not enough players iirc. This year they were talking about moving into NPL like the boys team but they may not have the numbers, and NPL will only be an option for the best teams. Not sure if GPS elite or Charleston would be allowed to just get a spot without having to play for that spot like USA and Discoveries both did, hell there might not be a spot with Tormenta moving out.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Is NPL club based league or a team based league?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Gps has made great strides with the boys program,, and may now rival some of usamp top teams at certain age groups. But their girls side has not moved ahead nearly as quickly. It’s certainly not a knock on those girls, but placing them in npl would be doing them a disservice. If I had a daughter who was a competitive soccer player,,, I would have her at USAMP,,,, honestly.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
It’s club based to an extent and the formation of CPL is a similar concept in game weekends being similar to tournament weekends. GPS on the boys side has made incredible sides as a result of superb coaching. As I mentioned earlier, I feel like gps could use some work on the administrative side and would surpass USA easily if they rectified that issue. When they brought in a recent college coach from TX, he had them on track to fix that but last I heard he grew frustrated with the focus on boys side and went back to coaching in College.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Ok. Good. So you know its club based. Its not about this team or that team. MlThat said, make sure you are at least talking about the combined JIYSC, GPS NASA and GPS Coastal clubs when you talk about the talent within the teams.

Have you seen the requirements for the clubs within a US Club Soccer NPL league?

V
Vic Offline
Bench
Bench
V
Chuck,
You seem to be in the know about those age groups. Looks like there will be many openings on USA’ 03 and 02 girls once Tormenta players stay home and play locally for Jeremy.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
The best kids from through teams would be combined. They would train and play together. Not really separate clubs anymore in that aspect.

Ok. Good. So you know its club based. Its not about this team or that team. MlThat said, make sure you are at least talking about the combined JIYSC, GPS NASA and GPS Coastal clubs when you talk about the talent within the teams.

Have you seen the requirements for the clubs within a US Club Soccer NPL league?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Vic
Chuck,
You seem to be in the know about those age groups. Looks like there will be many openings on USA’ 03 and 02 girls once Tormenta players stay home and play locally for Jeremy.

I asked about this on a different thread...so is Tormenta's experiment with USA over? Do you know why? No mention of USA Tormenta in the marketing of Tormenta FC or USAMP.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Originally Posted By: Vic
Chuck,

I’m not in the know with Tormenta and I’ve heard two different rumors. First being they are separating away from USA, and the second was that Jeremy was stepping down. I’m not sure at this point which is accurate. As to the team based vs. club based. This is very much part of a bigger fight between usys and uscs. NPL, similar to ECNL, wants as many clubs represented as possible but they are also concerned with talent. The teams included have to be scrutinized which results in some clubs only having 3 teams in NPL while others have 4. Going back to the GPS elite comment, it’s tough to say what kids will commit and what the talent of that team will be like. It’s also tough to gauge how committed those kids and parents will be traveling here three times a week for training and games.

E
Throw In
Throw In
E

Where are you getting this information from? While I am not a board member of the NPL I’m quite confident that USA didn’t prevent James Island from joining NPL. Keep in mind JIYSC falls under the GPS umbrella and GPS Carolina, as you’ve already stated, have a presence with US Club Soccer. GPS Girls not “getting” NPL this past year had zero to do with USA and everything to do with that girls team again being a challenge team.

This is completely wrong. Just FYI. This is well known to everyone involved. It may seem odd, but it is what it is. They don't want competition.

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Originally Posted By: EastOak961

Where are you getting this information from? While I am not a board member of the NPL I’m quite confident that USA didn’t prevent James Island from joining NPL. Keep in mind JIYSC falls under the GPS umbrella and GPS Carolina, as you’ve already stated, have a presence with US Club Soccer. GPS Girls not “getting” NPL this past year had zero to do with USA and everything to do with that girls team again being a challenge team.

This is completely wrong. Just FYI. This is well known to everyone involved. It may seem odd, but it is what it is. They don't want competition.

Re-thinking this, you may be right that the girls side was never going to be admitted the first year (based on competition), but the deck was stacked against them when one club actively lobbied to keep them out.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Chuck where do you derive your confidence from the above statement? Surely not bc USAMP plays well with others. The active lobbying against other clubs is USAMPs bread and butter.

The heads of that club fall out with every organization that they touch. That's a big reason why they find themselves without a path to the pros and with uncertain access to fields for next season.

It would be great if the other coastal clubs said enough is enough. As CASC, GPS, JIYSC, CBSC have found out through experience. The back stabbing and lobbying against clubs won't end unless they stand up to it.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Shoot, while some may see USA/MP actions against us (CASC) as crippling (refer silly lawsuit that ironically helped create field opportunity for others), I don't see these guys even in the same league as some of the other antics directed towards us.

If we were to shun or snub everyone taking an aim at one point or other, we'd find ourselves on a very lonely Island.

Not saying I'm pleased with everything I've seen over the years from its various forms, just that in comparison, thier actions are no worse, and even better than others.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
You give as good as you get David

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Should be noted that the lawsuit did no such thing. The Judge in the case granted the defendant's Motion for Summary Judgement. The defendants where the Town of Mt P and summary judgement means, roughly, it was tossed out because there was no case.

At best, it can be said that the lawsuit added to the grief that USAMP caused the Town of Mt P and MPRD over the years before they said "enough" and this year made only a few fields available to share amongst the 5 or so groups that requested them.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
A lot more backdrop to this than I'll share on this board, feel free to reach out directly (president@cainhoyathletic.com for more if interested).

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Congratulations tp GPS on their new initiatives in the area and acceptance to NPL (boys).

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
David,,
I always appreciate your responses. They are always well stated and have a little British humor mixed in... You didn’t hijack a thread!

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Chuck where do you derive your confidence from the above statement? Surely not bc USAMP plays well with others. The active lobbying against other clubs is USAMPs bread and butter.

It would be great if the other coastal clubs said enough is enough. As CASC, GPS, JIYSC, CBSC have found out through experience. The back stabbing and lobbying against clubs won't end unless they stand up to it.

That’s the thing though, when it comes to not playing well with others, all of the local clubs save for Cainhoy play these little games with each other. It’s been said on this forum that a group of CPL teams got together to block CBSC from entry into the CPL but as David has attested to, there were never intentions of allowing additional teams into the league and the only changes that were made were some promotion/relegations of teams already in CPL. Prior to this CPL league being formed,, SSC folks would remove any gps tryout signs posted anywhere near SSC “turf”lol. Additionally, any time the elite program was soliciting players, SSC and USA players were threatened. Short story long, all clubs are competing for business, these clubs need customers and on the girls side, the club with the best exposure opportunity is going to get that business. I’m telling you though, if you believe one single club prevented a GPS umbrella club from playing in a US Club sanctioned league, you aren’t seeing how important big GPS is to Charleston headquartered US Club Soccer.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
The bigger question we should be asking at this point and I know this is waay off topic, why is it we have 3 local D1 collegiate programs for girls but how many local kids are on those rosters? Why are their so few? Why aren’t those programs camped out at training sessions? One of those D1 programs mentioned having communication issues with club coaches including not replying to emails and phone calls. Another program was trying to contact the club coach inquiring about a specific player only to have the club coach attempt to talk up another player instead of the player the school was interested in unbeknownst to the parents and player.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Apologies all. I have tried to refrain for a while now about addressing this on the boards. However, I can’t help myself here.

Chuck, I don’t think you can point to where David said there was no intention of allowing additional teams into the league. Maybe he has, but I do not recall it. He has consistently referred people to their own club leadership or US Club Leadership for answers. BTW, good luck getting answers there.

The fact is initial enrollment in the CPL occurred just before CBSC became sanctioned. Surely a coincidence. Do you think if the other clubs wanted CBSC in the CPL, they could have moved the initial application time a week or two? I think we know the answer.

The fact is the CPL had an application online for the Spring. That is not in dispute.

The fact is CBSC applied for the Spring and was denied. The reason given was the schedules were set.

Subsequently, teams were promoted/relegated and the “set schedule” was changed to accommodate them

Not one person here has been able, or least willing, to satisfactorily explain why CBSCs application was denied. CBSC has the fields to play on and more kids/teams than several clubs in the CPL. CBSC has new leadership, so they have hardly had a chance to upset other clubs that much. Why wouldn’t they want CBSC?

And what is the response from some other club supporters when this pointed out? Well, if you can’t argue with the facts, you open the Propaganda and politics 101 playbook and deflect, using conspiracy accusations to undermine those facts.

I’m sure it’s about the kids though. That has to be why. I’ll take my tinfoil hat off now and allow myself to be educated on how its just a misunderstanding and that I have it all wrong.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
The bigger question Chuck, is why USAMP tries to eliminate competition like they did when they recently fought tooth and nail against GPS. And as they have for years. As East oak 961 said, we know for a fact what USAMP does. And it makes them bad people, not good competitors. If they have a better product, let the market decide.

[/qoute]
This is completely wrong. Just FYI. This is well known to everyone involved. It may seem odd, but it is what it is. They don't want competition. [/quote]

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
"Chuck, I don’t think you can point to where David said there was no intention of allowing additional teams into the league."

Thank you, I was second guessing myself there for a while. Don't recall saying that either. Sorry if something I said might have inferred that, but doesn't sound right.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
So Chuck. In sum you are wrong. USAMP did, does, and is doing what they are accused of.

And the USCS-GPS connections are obvious and have nothing to do with USAMPs abhorrent behavior toward other clubs and therefore the kids at other clubs.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
David, apologies I thought the comment came from you regarding the scheduling but it was from Sharkfutbol. Sincere apologies!

@scsoccerfan123d, IRS obvious you’ve been scorned by USA and despite what I say or for that matter anyone else, your holding firm on your opinion and I can respect that but you’ve built up this one club to be this powerful empire capable of manipulating decisions that are being made well above their purview. I can’t remember if you’ve mentioned this already but it sounds like you are a cbsc parent that is being impacted by the club’s current situation. If this is the case and you are searching for a better opportunity that isn’t being provided with your current club, then instead of complaining about this huge conspiracy, look at taking your child to a better option. I don’t profess to know and understand what transpired during the SSC to Battery transition but I do know SSC had two fantastic girls teams that were getting great results vs competition. One of the teams graduated/went to college and the other saw a few players move out of the low country for ECNL or change clubs and the feedback that I got from those folks that moved was due to the slow release of information during the transition along with uncertainty of coaching assignments. I attended a parent meeting there after the changeover and it was a contentious meeting between frustrated parents and an abrasive technical director.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Apologies all. I have tried to refrain for a while now about addressing this on the boards. However, I can’t help myself here.

Chuck, I don’t think you can point to where David said there was no intention of allowing additional teams into the league. Maybe he has, but I do not recall it. He has consistently referred people to their own club leadership or US Club Leadership for answers. BTW, good luck getting answers there.

The fact is initial enrollment in the CPL occurred just before CBSC became sanctioned. Surely a coincidence. Do you think if the other clubs wanted CBSC in the CPL, they could have moved the initial application time a week or two? I think we know the answer.

The fact is the CPL had an application online for the Spring. That is not in dispute.

The fact is CBSC applied for the Spring and was denied. The reason given was the schedules were set.

Subsequently, teams were promoted/relegated and the “set schedule” was changed to accommodate them

Not one person here has been able, or least willing, to satisfactorily explain why CBSCs application was denied. CBSC has the fields to play on and more kids/teams than several clubs in the CPL. CBSC has new leadership, so they have hardly had a chance to upset other clubs that much. Why wouldn’t they want CBSC?

And what is the response from some other club supporters when this pointed out? Well, if you can’t argue with the facts, you open the Propaganda and politics 101 playbook and deflect, using conspiracy accusations to undermine those facts.

I’m sure it’s about the kids though. That has to be why. I’ll take my tinfoil hat off now and allow myself to be educated on how its just a misunderstanding and that I have it all wrong.

The CPL schedules were for the year when they came out but I believe this has already been stated. I’m not sure what spring registration you are referring but for the 2010s-2007s on the girls side the schedules released in the fall were for the year. As for your comment about why certain clubs didn’t do the cbsc tourneys, again, the schedules were already set including several GPS tourneys and USA as well as a Savannah tournament iirc ( edit that may have been prior to season start)

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Sorry for the double post

Above is the link for the CPL Spring 2019 application.

Are you of the opinion that CBSC would have been accepted into the CPL had they been able to apply by the deadline the CPL had established?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
"Shunned by USAMP" would make a great Tee! But no, my family left USAMP because of the actions of their leadership when no one they thought important enough was looking.

Shamrock I'm sure many folks think your question for Chuck above is rhetorical. If Chuck is unwilling to answer, I guess we'll just have to see whether the same low characters harm local kids again by keeping them out of a local league.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Just curious,,, do you think it has anything to do with CBSC’s behavior toward already existing clubs that may have kept them out of the CPL? I would imagine that having tryouts and practices to take a team to the Dallas cup during the middle Of the season might have rubbed clubs the wrong way? Also, they took over a club that had a great girls program,,, but hadn’t had any success on the boys side above the pmsl, in years. They weren’t even a sanctioned club when the cpl was planned, discussed and formed.....

I’m not saying these are the reasons, but at least the other club have been “boots on ground” and doing the youth soccer thing for more a few months. Just a thought!

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Those are good questions. That have hopefully been put to rest.

The Battery offered kids a chance to go to Dallas cup, no strings attached. It was just an offer. I guess they could have told the organizers "no, the local clubs will get angry if we offer this opportunity to the kids." Some clubs told their kids if they went, they might not have the same status on their team anymore. Some kids went some didn't. One USAMP leader went so far as saying the kids shouldn't go because the kids here would get killed and it would ruin them. I'm not sure who that speaks ill of, but i get your point and think it probably scared/annoyed some clubs that kids were given the choice. Side note: the team didn't win a game. They didnt get embarrassed, but they were beat pretty soundly I heard. But they got to talk to Brad Guzan who said his experience getting hammered at the Dallas cup as a young player made him realize he needed to work much harder on his game to succeed. He did both.

Not sure about the other rational as DISA and Cainhoy boys teams are at best on par with CBSC boys and they are in the league. We'll see what happens.

The CPL would be better off having CBSC in the league if not just to have enough fields to play games on next year. Right now some CCSD middle school or elementary fields are the only hope aside from the Baptist Church and Trident.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Based on what Dave shared, I am pretty sure each club has rubbed others the wrong way. I cannot fathom CBSC did something so egregious as to be persona non grata.

Also, the timeline should have allowed for a seamless transition from SSC to CBSC. Any reasonable person can see that if the other clubs wanted them, they would be in. No excuses

C
Throw In
Throw In
C

Are you of the opinion that CBSC would have been accepted into the CPL had they been able to apply by the deadline the CPL had established?

No, I’m of the opinion that there was never an intention to add any clubs to the schedule. As to how that was communicated to the clubs, our club told is the schedule could change based on results but wouldn’t include any new teams and we were told this in the fall. Are Battery parents being told that USA is the cause of them not being accepted into the CPL?

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Based on what Dave shared, I am pretty sure each club has rubbed others the wrong way. I cannot fathom CBSC did something so egregious as to be persona non grata.

Also, the timeline should have allowed for a seamless transition from SSC to CBSC. Any reasonable person can see that if the other clubs wanted them, they would be in. No excuses

I disagree with your point here in that. During the transition there was a great deal of misinformation coming out. Some coaches at SSC were at one point under the impression they would either not be retained or would not retain their teams. Then the concern was what league they would play in as a result of the usys vs uscs and scys and the creation of the CPL. This should all be resolved this fall with cbsc playing in the CPL no?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S

No, I’m of the opinion that there was never an intention to add any clubs to the schedule. As to how that was communicated to the clubs, our club told is the schedule could change based on results but wouldn’t include any new teams and we were told this in the fall. Are Battery parents being told that USA is the cause of them not being accepted into the CPL?

To my knowledge CBSC parents have not been told anything about CPL except that, last I heard, they are still waiting to hear about the status of their application.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S

I disagree with your point here in that. During the transition there was a great deal of misinformation coming out. Some coaches at SSC were at one point under the impression they would either not be retained or would not retain their teams. Then the concern was what league they would play in as a result of the usys vs uscs and scys and the creation of the CPL. This should all be resolved this fall with cbsc playing in the CPL no?

Im having trouble following this logic. Are you saying that the SSC coaches told CPL there was misinformation and that made the organizer of the CPL not include CBSC?

And then you seem to say that the confusion over whether or not CBSC would be in the CPL was the reason CBSC was not part of the CPL?

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
No, I’m saying the reason cbsc isn’t in CPL is of cbsc’s own doing. No big conspiracy theory here just didn’t or couldn’t decide what direction they were going and because of it, got left out.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
I'll tell them! That'll be sweet news since there's no question about their direction now! Or you you haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Are they taking over the coastal league still, or still wanting to get into the CPL??? Or I guess they could theoretically do both!

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
I'll tell them! That'll be sweet news since there's no question about their direction now! Or you you haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about.

You do whatever you need to do but sitting around making a hair doll of hatred while throwing darts at a USAMP jersey and telling yourself they are the cause of all your troubles, obviously isn’t working. Let it go! You’ll be in CPL this year and still be complaining about something that some club you aren’t a part of did to you.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Lordy Chuck. Voodoo references so close to Easter. Have another and sleep it off.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Chuck, I will take them one at a time.

#345 please tell me the purpose of an application, for “Spring 2019” that was available in August 2018 for submission? If there was no intention on the league to admit teams in the Spring, then why waste the bandwidth? A true mystery. Perhaps Scooby, Shaggy and friends can explain it because no one the boards has.

#346 I highly doubt CBSC will play in the Coastal. Remember, it takes a unanimous vote for admission. I do not see that happening. I have a feeling one or two clubs will veto. What I do not know is if the other CPL clubs know how each other club votes.

#349 ok, you believe CBSC is not in the CPL because of either their own mismanagement, incompetence, indecisiveness, or procrastination. I simply disagree. I do not think they were invited. As time progresses, perhaps one of those will become more evident.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Shamrock, i think for #346 you meant to say CPL, not Coastal in the first sentence?

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
You are correct. I mistyped. Fingers and brain don’t always work together.😏

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Guys,, I like the banter... I do like the board being active. I have been following this board since 02-03 when I was a high school soccer coach. But the bottom line is,,, as stated before, the cpl was announced prior to any tryouts. We all knew that the CBSC was not going to part of the CPL. (Im not saying that they shouldnt),,, but everyone had the same opportunity to tryout at a cpl club. Some chose not to.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Im ok with where we are all at regarding CPL. There were no guarantees that CBSC would be in CPL last year, and as parents we took that risk. As we all seem to agree, CBSC should be in CPL this Fall. If someone disagrees, I'd like to hear why.

There will be a few questions that weren't answered that might need to be revisited if CBSC application for Fall is denied.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
What would be nice to see though, is a robust local competition, not just one club trying to keep kids at other clubs from competing at higher levels. If you are the best at what you do, prove it with results, not by limiting availability to other kids.

Challenge accepted!

Surf Boys Goal Differential in NPL: positive 193
CSC Boys Goal Differential in NPL: negative 136

Surf Girls Goal Differential in NPL: positive 126
CSC Girls Goal Differential in NPL: negative 13

Could it be that among NPL clubs we have the strongest club showing and the weakest club showing right here in Charleston? Perhaps we can dive deeper into the facts in future post to see just what the facts tell us.

Until then, imagine waking up in the morning and blaming all your problems on someone else only to be proven it’s not anyone else’s fault but your own.

Out of options as every argument of on field quality & superiority is gone, one may result to vague references that amount to nothing. Now that would be a sad state to find yourself in. It would effectively be the same as waiving the white flag.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Did you post this late last night or when you woke up obsessed early this morning?

Anyway, to lighten you up, let's try this:

Knock knock.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Did you post this late last night or when you woke up obsessed early this morning?

Anyway, to lighten you up, let's try this:

Knock knock.

648 post and doesn’t understand how the time stamp of post on this forum works.

Goal
Goal
REAL old school SCSOCCER thread this!

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: shut^&play

Welcome back SUAP.

I think you'd agree we need more opportunities, at lower costs to get coaching licenses in the US, and more specifically, in SC. What role should SCYSA play in this?

But what would you think about guys from the UK coaching in the US under special exemption visas [due to their exceptional qualifications!] then stating years later that they only have vocational coaching quals from their country of origin? What role, if any, should SCYSA play in this

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: shut^&play

Welcome back SUAP.

I think you'd agree we need more opportunities, at lower costs to get coaching licenses in the US, and more specifically, in SC. What role should SCYSA play in this?

But what would you think about guys from the UK coaching in the US under special exemption visas [due to their exceptional qualifications!] then stating years later that they only have vocational coaching quals from their country of origin? What role, if any, should SCYSA play in this

Seems like someone else was eager to jump on my leading question. Feel free to comment on the second question here!

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
No clue what your on about today.

As for the fine folks over at SCYSA, I stand by the answer already provided as to the interest one can expect.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard