Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
You seem to have an axe to grind personally with USA. Also, how did USA prevent kids from a rival club play in NPL? The top 03/04 girls team went to USYS regionals like USA but didn’t go on to Nationals as far as I’m aware. How could one club prevent another kid on another club from playing in the league, genuinely intrigued. As for your comment on Battery, I’m assuming you are making that comment as a parent of the Battery? All of the local clubs have coaches on staff at each local college GPS have some additional connections with former coaches that are coaching in colleges outside of the local area. As far as the Fleet connection, and no disrespect intended for the kids that want to go pro after HS but 96% of girls are trying to go to college as opposed to trying to play for a Pro team making little to no money. I know I’m opening a can of worms with that statement but the biggest thing our local girls need is opportunity to play in front of colleges. If you compete in Challenge league, you are missing out on a great deal of exposure. Most schools are done with the 02 recruiting class and are looking at 03/04s this summer and fall. The next problem if you’re on one of those Challenge teams, when you do go to a tournament, you are placed in the lower brackets which amounts to not a lot of interest by recruiters.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Always the bridesmaid...

Cainhoy Athletic will have girls teams in a high level at 04/05/06/07
Maybe not Nationals, but hopefully Piedmont (Two Challenge winers in 18/19) and 13u/14U State Cup participants.

These teams next year will be coached with experienced staff including Professional and College experience, A-D licenses.

And cost about a third!

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
I may be wrong, but I do not think the Fleet is professional, but rather a club where top college players can get together and play during the summer months. I believe they retain their amateur status. Baseball does something similar with the Cape Cod league.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
You can read my past comments on this message board to see that I think the actions taken by folks that run USAMP over the years represent what is bad in youth sports.

For admission into the NPL and CPL you are voted in/chosen by the board/directors/whatever. USAMP votes/choses against other local teams. Such was the case of GPS girls not getting NPL.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D

For admission into the NPL and CPL you are voted in/chosen by the board/directors/whatever. USAMP votes/choses against other local teams. Such was the case of GPS girls not getting NPL.

Where are you getting this information from? While I am not a board member of the NPL I’m quite confident that USA didn’t prevent James Island from joining NPL. Keep in mind JIYSC falls under the GPS umbrella and GPS Carolina, as you’ve already stated, have a presence with US Club Soccer. GPS Girls not “getting” NPL this past year had zero to do with USA and everything to do with that girls team again being a challenge team. That challenge team was able to move into Piedmont, which, for our region is a lower level of soccer based on Club’s priority being NPL. GPS moved into Piedmont and did well but again, at least on the 03/04 and older, the better teams were playing exclusively in NPL. The older gps girls team forfeited their final games due to not enough players iirc. This year they were talking about moving into NPL like the boys team but they may not have the numbers, and NPL will only be an option for the best teams. Not sure if GPS elite or Charleston would be allowed to just get a spot without having to play for that spot like USA and Discoveries both did, hell there might not be a spot with Tormenta moving out.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Is NPL club based league or a team based league?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Gps has made great strides with the boys program,, and may now rival some of usamp top teams at certain age groups. But their girls side has not moved ahead nearly as quickly. It’s certainly not a knock on those girls, but placing them in npl would be doing them a disservice. If I had a daughter who was a competitive soccer player,,, I would have her at USAMP,,,, honestly.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
It’s club based to an extent and the formation of CPL is a similar concept in game weekends being similar to tournament weekends. GPS on the boys side has made incredible sides as a result of superb coaching. As I mentioned earlier, I feel like gps could use some work on the administrative side and would surpass USA easily if they rectified that issue. When they brought in a recent college coach from TX, he had them on track to fix that but last I heard he grew frustrated with the focus on boys side and went back to coaching in College.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Ok. Good. So you know its club based. Its not about this team or that team. MlThat said, make sure you are at least talking about the combined JIYSC, GPS NASA and GPS Coastal clubs when you talk about the talent within the teams.

Have you seen the requirements for the clubs within a US Club Soccer NPL league?

V
Vic Offline
Bench
Bench
V
Chuck,
You seem to be in the know about those age groups. Looks like there will be many openings on USA’ 03 and 02 girls once Tormenta players stay home and play locally for Jeremy.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard