Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
The best kids from through teams would be combined. They would train and play together. Not really separate clubs anymore in that aspect.

Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Ok. Good. So you know its club based. Its not about this team or that team. MlThat said, make sure you are at least talking about the combined JIYSC, GPS NASA and GPS Coastal clubs when you talk about the talent within the teams.

Have you seen the requirements for the clubs within a US Club Soccer NPL league?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Vic
Chuck,
You seem to be in the know about those age groups. Looks like there will be many openings on USA’ 03 and 02 girls once Tormenta players stay home and play locally for Jeremy.

I asked about this on a different thread...so is Tormenta's experiment with USA over? Do you know why? No mention of USA Tormenta in the marketing of Tormenta FC or USAMP.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Originally Posted By: Vic
Chuck,
You seem to be in the know about those age groups. Looks like there will be many openings on USA’ 03 and 02 girls once Tormenta players stay home and play locally for Jeremy.

I’m not in the know with Tormenta and I’ve heard two different rumors. First being they are separating away from USA, and the second was that Jeremy was stepping down. I’m not sure at this point which is accurate. As to the team based vs. club based. This is very much part of a bigger fight between usys and uscs. NPL, similar to ECNL, wants as many clubs represented as possible but they are also concerned with talent. The teams included have to be scrutinized which results in some clubs only having 3 teams in NPL while others have 4. Going back to the GPS elite comment, it’s tough to say what kids will commit and what the talent of that team will be like. It’s also tough to gauge how committed those kids and parents will be traveling here three times a week for training and games.

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Originally Posted By: Chuck607

For admission into the NPL and CPL you are voted in/chosen by the board/directors/whatever. USAMP votes/choses against other local teams. Such was the case of GPS girls not getting NPL.

Where are you getting this information from? While I am not a board member of the NPL I’m quite confident that USA didn’t prevent James Island from joining NPL. Keep in mind JIYSC falls under the GPS umbrella and GPS Carolina, as you’ve already stated, have a presence with US Club Soccer. GPS Girls not “getting” NPL this past year had zero to do with USA and everything to do with that girls team again being a challenge team.

This is completely wrong. Just FYI. This is well known to everyone involved. It may seem odd, but it is what it is. They don't want competition.

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Originally Posted By: EastOak961
Originally Posted By: Chuck607

For admission into the NPL and CPL you are voted in/chosen by the board/directors/whatever. USAMP votes/choses against other local teams. Such was the case of GPS girls not getting NPL.

Where are you getting this information from? While I am not a board member of the NPL I’m quite confident that USA didn’t prevent James Island from joining NPL. Keep in mind JIYSC falls under the GPS umbrella and GPS Carolina, as you’ve already stated, have a presence with US Club Soccer. GPS Girls not “getting” NPL this past year had zero to do with USA and everything to do with that girls team again being a challenge team.

This is completely wrong. Just FYI. This is well known to everyone involved. It may seem odd, but it is what it is. They don't want competition.

Re-thinking this, you may be right that the girls side was never going to be admitted the first year (based on competition), but the deck was stacked against them when one club actively lobbied to keep them out.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Chuck where do you derive your confidence from the above statement? Surely not bc USAMP plays well with others. The active lobbying against other clubs is USAMPs bread and butter.

The heads of that club fall out with every organization that they touch. That's a big reason why they find themselves without a path to the pros and with uncertain access to fields for next season.

It would be great if the other coastal clubs said enough is enough. As CASC, GPS, JIYSC, CBSC have found out through experience. The back stabbing and lobbying against clubs won't end unless they stand up to it.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Shoot, while some may see USA/MP actions against us (CASC) as crippling (refer silly lawsuit that ironically helped create field opportunity for others), I don't see these guys even in the same league as some of the other antics directed towards us.

If we were to shun or snub everyone taking an aim at one point or other, we'd find ourselves on a very lonely Island.

Not saying I'm pleased with everything I've seen over the years from its various forms, just that in comparison, thier actions are no worse, and even better than others.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
You give as good as you get David

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Should be noted that the lawsuit did no such thing. The Judge in the case granted the defendant's Motion for Summary Judgement. The defendants where the Town of Mt P and summary judgement means, roughly, it was tossed out because there was no case.

At best, it can be said that the lawsuit added to the grief that USAMP caused the Town of Mt P and MPRD over the years before they said "enough" and this year made only a few fields available to share amongst the 5 or so groups that requested them.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
A lot more backdrop to this than I'll share on this board, feel free to reach out directly (president@cainhoyathletic.com for more if interested).

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Congratulations tp GPS on their new initiatives in the area and acceptance to NPL (boys).

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard