Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Lol......touché....... that’s what I keep hearing.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Sounds like USAMP still succeeded in keeping some of the female children in the area from playing against better competition. They must be super proud of themselves. High fives!

Lol how so? All of their girls teams compete at NPL or both NPL and R3PL. The teams that aren’t doing both pulled out of the Piedmont Conference because the NPL game schedule was better as was the competition. CESA has a great girls program aided by their location and their ECNL program. Scufc lol they have an ECNL program but you won’t find them playing any in state clubs outside of ECNL because they are struggling to stay competitive. I think thei 03/04 girls do well but not the older girls.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
The best girls program in the area remains on the USA side. Look at the 03/04 team IIRC they are on top of their NPL bracket and going to Nationals. GPS Elite aka GPS Charleston do have some talented teams during the summer session but my concerns with this program center around GPS management. Who is the girls DOC? What connections do they have to the Colleges in the area? What league will the girls side play in? What does the commitment look like? GPS don’t have an option for ECNL currently as they don’t own their fields, so the next best league, truthfully, is NPL but with so many unanswered questions above, USA still will be a better option for most even before considering they are going ECNL soon if not this fall. The only other girls option at the Battery are all Challenge league teams that will get moved up to Piedmont conference (just like GPS did this past year) when teams opt out of Piedmont to go to the NPL.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Curious, but how USA/MP have an option to ECNL when, like GPS, they also don’t own their fields?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Chuck607
Sounds like USAMP still succeeded in keeping some of the female children in the area from playing against better competition. They must be super proud of themselves. High fives!

Lol how so? All of their girls teams compete at NPL or both NPL and R3PL. The teams that aren’t doing both pulled out of the Piedmont Conference because the NPL game schedule was better as was the competition. CESA has a great girls program aided by their location and their ECNL program. Scufc lol they have an ECNL program but you won’t find them playing any in state clubs outside of ECNL because they are struggling to stay competitive. I think thei 03/04 girls do well but not the older girls.

I guess i need to be more clear. USAMP kept children from another club being able to play in the NPL. That other club is GPS/JIYSC.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers
Curious, but how USA/MP have an option to ECNL when, like GPS, they also don’t own their fields?

If they need their own fields, then they won't have an ECNL option due to the incompetence on display up in Awendaw. My guess is the recent fundraiser was an emergency brought on by the fact that they are struggling to pay the coaches, directors and build the fields. Their recent comms with parents haven't discussed the issues with the Awendaw location or if the back up plan is that they'll all play on their church fields in the fall.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
There is no better option in the area on the girls side than CBSC. Former pro/college players and current colleg/high school coaches.

A path to both college and the Fleet.

Kids will migrate there over time in 06 and above. 07 and below, there are no better teams already and, as a club based on individual development, they will only get better.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
There is no better option in the area on the girls side than CBSC. Former pro/college players and current colleg/high school coaches.

EDIT:
There is no better option in the area on the girls side than CBSC. Coaches that are both former pro/college players and current college/high school as coaches.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Coaches Slick and Petry doing some great work developing those young ladies as well.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
What would be nice to see though, is a robust local competition, not just one club trying to keep kids at other clubs from competing at higher levels. If you are the best at what you do, prove it with results, not by limiting availability to other kids.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard