Corner Kick
M
Haha,,, no, I guess not

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
As a parent, I want my kid to learn and love the sport. I'm not concerned with games minutes per dollar. Thats a bad metric.

mysonsdad #176280 04/17/19 07:35 PM
S
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
It looks like you math is correct,,, but if you look at the full year, it works out. I think most of the younger gps maroon team tended to play more of their games in the spring than in the fall. I am assuming because the coaches didn't have an older team they had to schedule around in the Spring. We were told from the beginning that the schedule was a year long schedule... I also know that the younger teams all played numerous friendlies that would not have been included on the cpl schedule.

If we are looking strictly at minutes as a metric,,, As a parent I would want quality minutes. In the youngest division of the coastal league.... 7 out of 10 teams are CBSC team. I don’t have a clue as to their quality,,, but I would imagine playing the 5th, 6th or 7th CBSC team would not be the same atmosphere as playing the top scufc, usamp or discovories teams.

I only pointed out the minutes because you stated that expense for number of games and value. Strictly speaking to that point alone, the new format offers better value, not less.

As to quality of games (or quality opponent played) that is an altogether different issue. I try to look at it from both the 7v7 and 9v9 level.

I cannot speak to the number of games the new league will have in the Spring. I do not believe that has been stated. I do like the format better, at least on paper, but will have to see it played out to form a final opinion.

Finally, if you are only looking at the quality of opponents from the top teams perspective and conclude the Coastal has a lot of weaker teams, then by that very same criticism, if your son/daughter plays on a weaker team, the Coastal offers far better competition choices than CPL.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Not sure if I agree or not on that last point (we certainly have some lower level teams in CPL), but at some point there is a real question to clubs about administrative overhead, logistics, growth, registering and sanctioning bodies.

While not impossible, certainly harder to pick and choose sanctioning bodies (leagues) on a team by team basis. Or even cohort model. In addition that can hurt pooling, club passing, rostering decisions and hamper growth opportunities for players deserving to move to a stronger team mid-year.

I actually don't see the two junior academy leagues as some sort of 'thunderdome' exercise to bash each other until one limps off to oblivion (seems to happen on here a lot), but almost as a necessity to support all the clubs and teams wherever they register (SCYS or US CLUB).

Of course, will get much harder as teams age up, team rosters grow and player counts drop (particularly on girls side) and disparate model is not viable. But then again both sides have particularly restrictive policies that force a binary decision. Interesting times...

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic
Not sure if I agree or not on that last point (we certainly have some lower level teams in CPL), but at some point there is a real question to clubs about administrative overhead, logistics, growth, registering and sanctioning bodies.

While not impossible, certainly harder to pick and choose sanctioning bodies (leagues) on a team by team basis. Or even cohort model. In addition that can hurt pooling, club passing, rostering decisions and hamper growth opportunities for players deserving to move to a stronger team mid-year.

I actually don't see the two junior academy leagues as some sort of 'thunderdome' exercise to bash each other until one limps off to oblivion (seems to happen on here a lot), but almost as a necessity to support all the clubs and teams wherever they register (SCYS or US CLUB).

Of course, will get much harder as teams age up, team rosters grow and player counts drop (particularly on girls side) and disparate model is not viable. But then again both sides have particularly restrictive policies that force a binary decision. Interesting times...

Curious as what particularly restrictive policies you see on both sides. And while it is admirable of you to see both organizations as a necessity, I think you can understand why certain viewpoints hold that some clubs have been deliberately hostile to others and leaves many to question motive (all kids, some kids, or adults self interest).

On a personal level, I have tried to tone down the antagonism (at least publicly). However, I have become very disillusioned by what I see as some for-profit clubs going to great lengths to protect their bottom line. I thought parents would be the biggest problem. I was naive and thought this was about the kids and the game. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
For the restrictions for CPL, they lie with the requirements to enter through application and desired mass, etc. Many smaller clubs and even some larger ones may fail to meet the application requirements.

In the case of SCYS, the current version of Promotion/Relegation Policy prevents real issues for clubs with Junior Academy programs not playing with SCYS. Anyone listening tp me since late spring, 2018 will know my feeling about that change.

In both cases, rules prevent options, and becomes Hobson's choice for clubs.

We have certainly seen hostility towards us over the 10 years (including the last 2) we have been in existence, and some of it well documented on this board but some much uglier than I can, or will, share here. Guess I'm too much of a 'gentleman'. One day 'I'll write a book and describe some of the antics that are all too true and deliberately initiated to slow our growth blush

So I certainlty cede to the notion that there are many agendas out there in every corner.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S

In both cases, rules prevent options, and becomes Hobson's choice for clubs.

That's a great phrase. I'll admit I had to look it up. Sounds smarter than "Take it or leave it"

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
We have certainly seen hostility towards us over the 10 years (including the last 2) we have been in existence, and some of it well documented on this board but some much uglier than I can, or will, share here. Guess I'm too much of a 'gentleman'. One day 'I'll write a book and describe some of the antics that are all too true and deliberately initiated to slow our growth blush

If the ugliness is more than just that silly lawsuit and you were genuinely looking out for the interest of the sport locally, then I am sorry to hear that.

I respect that you stepped in to offer a place for underserved in Cainhoy AND then even when you refocused efforts toward disgruntled Mt P parents who either a) were from MPRD teams looking for a way to play above u12 or B) looking for more affordability and/or less shenanigans than USAMP. You should be proud of those things (you may blush again)

J
Kickoff
Kickoff
J
I have a question for CBSC parents, why did CBSC agree to administer the new Coastal PDL? From my understanding (from posts on other threads), they are still waiting to hear about their Fall application/admittance to CPL. Seems like a huge conflict of interest that CBSC has committed themselves to.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Its a good question to ask at the CBSC April 29th open forum

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard