Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
I'll tell them! That'll be sweet news since there's no question about their direction now! Or you you haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Are they taking over the coastal league still, or still wanting to get into the CPL??? Or I guess they could theoretically do both!

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
I'll tell them! That'll be sweet news since there's no question about their direction now! Or you you haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about.

You do whatever you need to do but sitting around making a hair doll of hatred while throwing darts at a USAMP jersey and telling yourself they are the cause of all your troubles, obviously isn’t working. Let it go! You’ll be in CPL this year and still be complaining about something that some club you aren’t a part of did to you.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Lordy Chuck. Voodoo references so close to Easter. Have another and sleep it off.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Chuck, I will take them one at a time.

#345 please tell me the purpose of an application, for “Spring 2019” that was available in August 2018 for submission? If there was no intention on the league to admit teams in the Spring, then why waste the bandwidth? A true mystery. Perhaps Scooby, Shaggy and friends can explain it because no one the boards has.

#346 I highly doubt CBSC will play in the Coastal. Remember, it takes a unanimous vote for admission. I do not see that happening. I have a feeling one or two clubs will veto. What I do not know is if the other CPL clubs know how each other club votes.

#349 ok, you believe CBSC is not in the CPL because of either their own mismanagement, incompetence, indecisiveness, or procrastination. I simply disagree. I do not think they were invited. As time progresses, perhaps one of those will become more evident.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Shamrock, i think for #346 you meant to say CPL, not Coastal in the first sentence?

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
You are correct. I mistyped. Fingers and brain don’t always work together.😏

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Guys,, I like the banter... I do like the board being active. I have been following this board since 02-03 when I was a high school soccer coach. But the bottom line is,,, as stated before, the cpl was announced prior to any tryouts. We all knew that the CBSC was not going to part of the CPL. (Im not saying that they shouldnt),,, but everyone had the same opportunity to tryout at a cpl club. Some chose not to.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Im ok with where we are all at regarding CPL. There were no guarantees that CBSC would be in CPL last year, and as parents we took that risk. As we all seem to agree, CBSC should be in CPL this Fall. If someone disagrees, I'd like to hear why.

There will be a few questions that weren't answered that might need to be revisited if CBSC application for Fall is denied.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
What would be nice to see though, is a robust local competition, not just one club trying to keep kids at other clubs from competing at higher levels. If you are the best at what you do, prove it with results, not by limiting availability to other kids.

Challenge accepted!

Surf Boys Goal Differential in NPL: positive 193
CSC Boys Goal Differential in NPL: negative 136

Surf Girls Goal Differential in NPL: positive 126
CSC Girls Goal Differential in NPL: negative 13

Could it be that among NPL clubs we have the strongest club showing and the weakest club showing right here in Charleston? Perhaps we can dive deeper into the facts in future post to see just what the facts tell us.

Until then, imagine waking up in the morning and blaming all your problems on someone else only to be proven it’s not anyone else’s fault but your own.

Out of options as every argument of on field quality & superiority is gone, one may result to vague references that amount to nothing. Now that would be a sad state to find yourself in. It would effectively be the same as waiving the white flag.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard