Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Im not sure,,,, I read a ton of what was posted by the Charlotte Independence yesterday. I literally didn't see them mention GPS one time. I guess they could still be behind the scenes,, but I really doubt it. The combined clubs would undoubtedly have the support staff in place that they wouldn't need them. Plus, in the past,, gps has usually has a big social media roll out of new things. I would imagine if they were part of this,,, they would have certainly claimed it. I could be wrong,,, really have no idea. Just assuming.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
Im not sure,,,, I read a ton of what was posted by the Charlotte Independence yesterday. I literally didn't see them mention GPS one time. I guess they could still be behind the scenes,, but I really doubt it. The combined clubs would undoubtedly have the support staff in place that they wouldn't need them. Plus, in the past,, gps has usually has a big social media roll out of new things. I would imagine if they were part of this,,, they would have certainly claimed it. I could be wrong,,, really have no idea. Just assuming.

My thoughts as well RE the media value of this to GPS if they were still parr of the future of Discoveries under the pro umbrella. I think there is a GPS Charleston meeting today. Would be a relevant thing for a parent to ask: "Given the GPS Charleston changes and Discoveries changes, how does the coaching picture look for GPS Charleston? GPS JIYSC? GPS NASA?"

Brace
Brace
What about GPS Lexington? Are they affected too?

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: Talon
What about GPS Lexington? Are they affected too?

Good question. I thought GPS was going from one state-wide team to two SC regional teams.

GPS Coastal, NASA and JIYSC top players to be a part of GPS Charleston (https://www.gpsnasa.com/news_article/show/1012062). They will play in the NPL.

I thought there would be a parallel with Lexington, DSC, and Carolina FC. However, without DSC, I am not so sure, and perhaps they knew this was coming.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
So typically GPS Upstate and Lexington would play under Charlotte but it depends on if there’s enough kids in that age group for Elite. GPS Carolina started and was based at Discoveries until I think 2016ish and one of the Discoveries coaches just won gps coach of the year. As for pro affiliation, I’m not sure about each individual team but the franchise is aligned under Bayern’s youth program so on the boys side that’s the path. On the girls side, not so much

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard